Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Megeve/Evasion MB - Must Do Stuff?

Poster: A snowHead
@AlpineAddict, I've been walking below the snowline today, enjoying beautiful flowers and watching the farming activities gear up for summer. Have had the skis serviced. Thoroughly looking forward to spring and summer both in the Alps and at home, with two sailing trips to France fixed up already. snowHead
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@pam w, Sounds idilic... The Alps are equally special in every season, the obvious highlights being Winter and Summer, however, I do find the Autumn months just as fun... No one around, stormy days, and still getting out there and doing sh*t... Very Happy
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I'm heading out for a late season blast (or bog-down) in Les Contamines on Thursday - staying at Thierry Ronchail's place by the church for a change of scene. Looks like a return to winter on the mountain, so thoughts of t-shirt skiing binned in favour of gloves and ski jacket Sad

Still, better a bad day in Les Contamines than a good one in Dorset.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@NoDosh, but a good one in Dorset, is a good day wink

Have fun... Be interested to hear how it holds up...
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Quote:

Looks like a return to winter on the mountain

any kind of colder spell and there will be excellent spring conditions - there is still superb cover from Etape and above, just need to get the freeze/thaw cycle going
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Heading up to Les C for the first time tomorrow, EMB is very soggy after 13.00 each day & skiing though the golf course down to Megeve is a bit weird
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
AlpineAddict wrote:
@NoDosh, but a good one in Dorset, is a good day wink

Have fun... Be interested to hear how it holds up...

Granted! I'll update on Friday. Due to turn up around 16:30 tomorrow, subject to EasyJet doing their thing on time.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@Jonny996, after a week with warm temperatures and no overnight freeze even Les Contamines is likely to be mushy. Hope you enjoyed your day, nonetheless.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@pam w, thanks Pam but decided to miss today, will try tomorrow morning, giving up at 12.30ish each day, boys are still loving it and that's what it is all about for me
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Forecast more promising. Light snowfall and freezing level falling to about 1500m from Thursday night through to Sunday morning. Hope it freshens things up for you! Very Happy
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
If that happens Les C will be fabulous.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Went up to Les C today, village looks nice but could not tell you anything about slopes. Got to top of signal cabin and without a lie could only see 20 foot maximum, took Us an age to ski down as could not see markers or other skiers. Went back to St Gervais which was not as misty. Might try Friday otherwise next season.
As a side note, if that was in UK then it would have been closed due to H&S, how people can ski with extremely short visibility is beyond me
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Quote:

Got to top of signal cabin and without a lie could only see 20 foot maximum

oh dear - grim! It's been a bad year for fog. Spoke to instructor who was saying he normally has 4 or 5 bad days a season but has had >20 this year.

Quote:

As a side note, if that was in UK then it would have been closed due to H&S, how people can ski with extremely short visibility is beyond me

Few people do. You have to ski by feel rather than sight. For me that means skiing loads of short turns down the fall line because each turn gives you information about the terrain and snow. Strictly for the enthusiasts though!
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Agreed, never nice in whiteout condiments but you have to hug the edges (I find) and just constantly look for the markers... Whilst on holiday though you just feel like you have to get up and do it...
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Arghh, another foggy day. Going forward I am going to buy single day passes.
latest report
@Jonny996, you've hit a poor spell of weather, that's for sure. A risk at any time of year.
snow report
We didn't bother getting the skis out on Saturday, but today has been glorious. Up with the first lift, we were able to ski Rebans, the Tierces sector and Hauteluce until around 1400. Late lunch at Chez Gaston, then a distinctly mushy run down to Etape.

Mrs Dosh's knee held up after last year's ACL rupture, so confidence restored there. Means we should go back to 2-3 trips next season
Cool

GVA tomorrow morning, back to BOH for lunch at home, then a late train back to the smoke for an early start in the office on Tuesday. Evil or Very Mad
snow conditions
Glad the mist has eventually cleared
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy