Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Replace my soul 7's and Blizzard latigos....

Poster: A snowHead
Hi all,

I have a pair of Soul 7's which are great off piste in the powdery stuff and a pair of Blizzard Latigo's which are great on piste. My last two trips I have taken both pairs, first trip half a day on Soul 7, 5.5 days on the latigos. This trip, an hour on the latigos and 4 days on the Soul 7's.

I'm getting sick of transporting both pairs and thinking of replacing them both with one pair. I am off to Tignes in four weeks so could probably pick up a good deal on something new, but wondering what. The Blizzard Bonafide is an option, but does anybody have any other recommendations for a good all mountain ski?

Cheers
Ski six
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Soul 7s Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Keep both, don't compromise
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Unhelpful wink snowHead snowHead wink
Toofy Grin Very Happy
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Only joking! That's probably exactly why I have them both, I was just hoping there was a golden bullet or do I now need a mid fat all Mountain as well? ??
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Soul 7 is a mid fat all mountain ski!

I tested next seasons Soul 7 HD recently, and was very surprised and impressed - including onpiste. Would be one of my first recommendations for a do it all ski for most skiers tbh.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Been loving my Salomon Mtn 95's - good edge hold on piste and wide enough to enjoy off piste
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Apologies, coming from the Scott mission at 88 to the soul 7 I thought mid fat was 95ish.

Has anyone tried the blizzard bonafide and soul 7? A comparison would be great.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@clarky999, i was passing through zurs recently and rossi had a demo stand with the soul7 HD's - the graphics looked flashy but i didnt have time to try them. I already have the soul7 (done 10 weeks on them so might be in the market for something new) which i really enjoy and they are fun to ski. with the new hd being a bit stiffer will help on piste but does the stiffness detract from the fun factor of the original soul7's, interested in your views.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I can't give first hand experience, but if it was me, I would like to try

Blizzard Brahma as well as the Bonafide
Volkl Mantra, Kendo and 100Eight
Scott The Ski and Sagebrush.

I suppose it depends whether you are looking for a Piste bias, or an Off Piste bias and whether you like a GS feel (Volkl/Blizzard), or something more relaxing (Scott).

Last edited by Ski the Net with snowHeads on Sun 3-04-16 15:18; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
deleted

Last edited by snowHeads are a friendly bunch. on Sun 3-04-16 20:12; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Tried these last week and they were remarkably good on piste for a 112mm waisted ski! The wife (who has Soul 7's) also tried a pair and was impressed with the on piste carving ability. No soft snow to test in but suspect that is good too given the ski shape

http://www.sport-conrad.com/en/skiing/skis/telemark-skis/wailer-112-rp2-composite-hybrid.html
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Here is a quick review of the new Soul 7 HDs....shows they could well be worth waiting for:

http://www.skiessentials.com/Chairlift-Chat/2017-Rossignol-Soul-7-HD-Ski-Review
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
djf wrote:
Let me know if you're getting rid of the Latigo's, would be quite interested in them based on your comments above and also others I've read on here. Oh and there are some Bonafides on ebay at the moment that look good condition, not mine just happened to see them today. All the best

Just arrived in Tignes today. Will give them both another go. To be fair carrying both pairs ia becoming a bit of a pita so may well sell them. I will keep you posted.

Cheers
Ski six
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Dead easy to take two pairs if you use Quiver Killer inserts to share one binding which can then also be removed for transportation so the skis can be flat packed.
latest report
To be fair, I might be looking for justification wink
latest report
There are big racks of Soul 7 for rent in the shops in Tignes, take piste skis with you and rent fat skis on the few days of the year that you need them.

I have a pair of Soul 7s and like them but I have only used them for three days this winter.
ski holidays
MogulMonkey wrote:
@clarky999, with the new hd being a bit stiffer will help on piste but does the stiffness detract from the fun factor of the original soul7's, interested in your views.

Hey, unfortunately I've never skied the OG Soul 7s, only the new HDs, but they are by no means a stiff ski and are very much at the playful end of the spectrum. Very fun and easy to ski, so I don't think you have anything to worry about in that regard!
ski holidays
ski six wrote:
Apologies, coming from the Scott mission at 88 to the soul 7 I thought mid fat was 95ish.

Has anyone tried the blizzard bonafide and soul 7? A comparison would be great.

Yes I've tried both, very different skis. Bonafide much stiffer feeling, more of a traditional cambered ski feel to it despite Blizzards Flipcore, liked to go quite straight, bigger turns. Soul 7, much softer feeling, more playful and surfy, If you find your Soul 7s a bit soft you may like the Bonafide but to me they were totally different skis, I didn't love the Soul 7s but would have happily skied them all week, I would only want the Bonafides if I was having a good day and then I'm sure they would crush everything, I skied both around the 180cm size, I'm 5'9.
latest report
@ski six, depends how and where you ski. Both the Latigos and Soul 7s are surfy, poppy skis for 'finesse' skiers. Would think the Blizzard Brahma is the obvious in-between ski for that style.

If that's not really your style and you're more aggressive, Kastle MX 88 or 95 but don't expect to float off-piste - these are charging, ski the base, skis. I've just chucked all my other skis away for Kastle MX83's. If I go heli-skiing, I'll rent. Otherwise, I see no point anymore in anything wider for 3V off-piste (which is where I ski 90% of the time) unless it's a true bluebird day.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy