Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Les Arcs 2000 Bristol Flight with Ski Total

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi, Does anyone know if the Bristol to Chambery flight then has to wait for the Birmingham flight to come in, prior to transfer to resort?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Tour operators always wait until they get a full coach before leaving for the airport.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
chambery is a complete nightmare, especially if your the first of the 16 crystal flights to arrive on a saturday morning, theres nothing there to do, also, they only allow one plane in the valley at a time, so with about 50 flights taking off and landing nothing ever goes to plan.......good luck
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
It is not possible to predict what a tour operator might do. They probably make that decison either on the day or a few days before.

We have had them, when there was only 4 of us going from Innsbruck to Soelden just put us into a taxi.
On other occaisions we have waited at the airport for 4 hours waiting for the flight from Glasgow so the operators could fill a coach.
On other occaisions we have waited for 2 hours for the flight from Glasgow (for some reason it is always the flight from Glasgow) before the coach just went without waiting for them.

In fact the cynic in me says they just wait so that you do get to the resort too early hence allow the staff to clean up from the previous bunch.

So sadly @Babyruby, I cannot answer your question, but based upon my experience you will wait for the flight from Glasgow to arrive or not, however long that might be.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@johnE, not cynical at all. You need a good 5 hours to do a proper changeover. As soon as guests turn up, they will want help with stuff (lift passes, ski hire), even if they are not allowed in the accommodation. Staff diverted to look after guests are then diverted away from doing the changeover, which will then take longer than if it had all staff resource concentrating on it. It's a lot more efficient if you can get the changeover completed before you start welcoming the new arrivals. Hence why TOs also want people out early as well.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Thanks all....not what I was wanting to hear!!! lol. We arrive @ chambery @ 16.30pm on Sunday & was hoping to get to the resort before 19.00ish so that we could sort equipment hire out & hit the slopes 1st thing in the morning. Plus the kids are supposed to start their lessons at 9.15am but looks like that won't be happening!
Twisted Evil
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
sunday afternoons is much better than a saturday morning
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Babyruby wrote:
Thanks all....not what I was wanting to hear!!! lol. We arrive @ chambery @ 16.30pm on Sunday & was hoping to get to the resort before 19.00ish so that we could sort equipment hire out & hit the slopes 1st thing in the morning. Plus the kids are supposed to start their lessons at 9.15am but looks like that won't be happening!
Twisted Evil

Might be worth checking if there are any hire shops that would bring the gear to your accommodation.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
It always seems to be 'waiting for the Manchester flight' when I get stuck on a tour operator's coach! Sad

Last edited by You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net. on Wed 9-03-16 13:38; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@Babyruby, don't worry it was very unlikely that you will be in the resort before 19:30 in any case. By car it takes me 1:30 to get from Chambery to Les Arcs, but the transfer bus will be dropping clients off along the way - and that takes ages. Have you searched on the internet and found the opening hours for your prefered ski hire shop? Most ski hire shops will be open at 8:00 and possibly earlier. Arc 2000 is not a big place and I am sure there will be a hire shop near where you are staying. Get your children in, get their gear and get to the ski school meeting place. I seriously doubt that they will set off on the dot of 9:15.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Private transfer is the answer to your potential woes.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@Babyruby, Brutal honesty here. You have next to no chance of getting to resort by 7pm. Forget it and don't lose any more sleep. You will have a minimum hour faff from landing, you will probably wait a bit for the coach to fill unless you are the last ones on, the journey by coach on a good day will be over 2 hours, you may drop at lower resorts on route, you then have to unload and get gear into chalet. Hopefully you will be settled around the dinner table by 8.30pm at best.

Your best bet will be to get up early and get to the hire shop as it opens.

I hate Chambery but its a preferred choice by Ski Total/Esprit and Co. Just keep your fingers crossed for no snow/fog/rain/wind in the valley when you arrive. It's like the worst lottery game ever.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
fog is a disaster in that valley, i remember a couple of years ago waiting to fly home when there was fog in chambery, people had already checked in and the luggage gone, but then the announcements came, incoming manchester flight diverted to geneva, incoming newcastle flight diverted to lyon, so everybody had to coach it to those airports from chambery, luckily for us the incoming bristol flight had a kamikazi driver so landed at chambery, but on that day 20 flights were diverted to other airports.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Which is why there are rumours of Jet 2 not using the airport next winter. Too unreliable and costs airlines money. Apparently you need specially trained squirrels, with 7 senses, nerves of steel, night vision and peripheral vision to land specially adapted fog resistant planes at Chambery. If it's not sunny you had better hope the squirrel is flying the plane.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@Mike-H, isn't the Bristol to Chambery an early morning flight?
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy