Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Tignes recommendations

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Ten of us are going out to Tignes next week, would welcome recommendations for apres and for a restaurant to visit on the night off.

Re apres, we are mixed group of couples and singles, all early thirties, looking for a few decent bars / pubs to enjoy some apres in with perhaps one late night spot to have in the back pocket...

We are staying in Le Lac.

Thanks!
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Restaurant-wise, I'd recommend La Ferme des Trois Cappucines at Lavachet. Authentic Savoyarde farm; lovely rustic place with a nice atmosphere; great food and not bad prices. Generally need to book.

We always stay in Val Claret - which is connected to Le Lac by free 24 hr bus....or a walk across the frozen lake - and has a few places I can recommend if you feel like venturing up there??
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@mountainaddict, thanks - yep we're always happy to go for a walk if the destination stacks up
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Queue de Cochon in Lavachet (8mins walk or 2 on a bus) for a great meal.
Bars in Le Lac:
Loop - full of seasonaires with a selection of music for the under 30's
Marmotte Arms - loud mouthed Brits swilling pints of Stella
Jam Bar - Small Italian/French enterprise with great pasta.
Embuscade - a pleasant mix of French and Brits and Snowheads!
Alapaka - Lodge style bar for a gentle evening. (plus Sky Sports).
Givre - all the charm of the inside of a fridge.
Underground - Lively small with a selection of music.
Various hotel bars for a more refined drink.

And for the cheesiest late night out in the Alps - Jacks Club - next to the Bowling Alley. Shocked
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@chocksaway, superb stuff, thanks!
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I'm stopping at Les Brevieres next week. I was wondering if it is possible to ski from the top of La Grande Motte all the way down to Les Brevieres? There doesn't appear to be a ski run between Val Claret and Le Lac (or maybe I'm just not that great at reading piste maps)?

Thanks.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
AccountAnt80 - I'm assuming you mean downhill all the way from Grande Motte to Les Brev? No, it's not possible - the topography of the ski area means that - despite Les Brevieres being a lot lower than the other bits of Tignes - once you ski down to Val Claret from the glacier, you need to ascend (at least 2 lifts, depending on which way you go) to reach it.

Similarly, you can't ski down to Le Lac from Val Claret - minimum one lift required. There's not much difference in altitude between those 2 bits of Tignes anyway.

Anyway, still a very respectable 1200m vertical drop from the top of the glacier to Val Claret; and a similar amount from the highest point above Le Lac (Aiguille Percee - approx 2700m) down to Les Brevieres (1500m).

Hopefully won't spoil your hol too much wink.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Thank you for that. No, it certainly won't ruin my holiday - I was curious more than anything. I'm sure I'll familiarise myself with the topography by the end of day 1.

I can't wait! A week of skiing all on my own! Very Happy
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy