Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Skiers / snowboarders – film reviews needed

Poster: A snowHead
Hey guys, we produce highly stabilised films of ski pistes and would like your feedback. We produce a version with authentic sound – so the sound of skis on snow, lifts etc. We are also trying out alternatives with music. You are passionate snow people, the audience for these films. If you have time please let us know which option you prefer:

With authentic sound:

http://youtube.com/v/eFVLcnmcA1c

With music:

http://youtube.com/v/QGdh_cIPzfU

Help greatly appreciated.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
What a bizarre psychological experiment! The one with authentic sound seemed, er, less authentic to me! I suppose I'm either used to watching videos with music, or I'm used to being lost in my thoughts when skiing, that I'm not used to the sound when I actually hear it!

I did think the authentic one was very quiet though, had to turn it right up for the first 20 seconds, and that can't be right.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@Orange200, thanks for this. We are going to go with a combination of feedback and user stats and thus far music is winning out. Thanks for taking the 'experiment' Smile
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Music.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@under a new name, succinct - we like that. Really appreciated!
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Music for me too.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
music
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@fixx, @dode, thanks for this.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Music.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
No music.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Music.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@Piste View, I can hear the authentic sound fine, but not the music on the music one? I've turned the volume right up at my end.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
A bit of thrash metal please anything to enliven the tedium of watching a POV view of a uninspiring blue piste. Or better still can you arrange for your mates to have comedy punter crashes in front of you.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I'm with @Dave of the Marmottes, on this one. That Piste is just a handy link to get down into Gerlos from Zell am Ziller, not very exciting to ski and certainly not a run I'd want to watch on a video. The "authentic" sound is basically a constant hissing as the cameraman is mostly straight lining the piste. Music v Authentic might have a different answer if it was a piste that really required a lot of effort to ski. Lots of hard turns and some jumps would give a lot more variety to the sound and make it more interesting.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
two requests
A different run with authentic sound or a much enhanced sound version.
90% of skiing videos have music and lack the drama that is the sound of an edge fighting for grip
The authentic version above is missing that drama too because its a boring run
latest report
@Dave of the Marmottes, nice idea! The ski crowd tend be a bit of a conservative bunch but who knows???
snow report
@Valkyrie, thanks
snow conditions
@Stecleary84, thanks
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy