Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Reccomend/sell me a big, good ski bag please

Poster: A snowHead
hi all, im looking for a ski bag that i can fit my boots into as well please, and i have 177 kendo skis. Might need to put another pair in at somepoint, and if i could get one wide enough for a board too that would be great. Any good recommendations? thanks
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Dakine Fall Line can be picked up cheap if you shop around. If money isn't a big issue then get a Douchebag!
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
It depends on how big is big? I have a DPS triple ski bag which takes up to 3 pairs of 190cm fat skis. Dimensions 197 x 37 x 20 cm
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Sport-Conrad's own-brand wheeled bag is a monster and is solidly built, and takes up to 185cm skis, with plenty of room for boots, airbag rucksack, etc etc. €90 (plus postage) http://www.sport-conrad.com/en/skiing/backpacks-bags/ski-bags/magnum-wheelbag.html

I'm sure the others are good too, but the SC one looks like it'll take a battering and has plenty of padding and straps inside to protect skis.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
A mate just got a good armada double bag with separate attachable bag, looked really solid and had all the spec I'd look for. Think absolute snow did a deal, worth checking their site.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Deleted
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I've just bought a Thule chasm 90L bag for my up coming trip. Excellent build quality and really well thought through design.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Plenty of massive bags around. How are you planning to transport it? (Plane, car, train....)
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Well I want something I can put my boots in instead of my hand luggage, in going to nz this summer for the season, and I'd like to be able to put all my ski stuff in my ski bag, leaving me with free hand luggage and maybe a rucksack for my climbing kit and clothes. So something that meets airport sizing is paramount really
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Douchebag
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
If you think you might want to put 3 pairs of skis in it, I advise you to get one with wheels. I have a Dakine double which it nice and solid, but has no wheels. Unfortunately, for the next trip I have no man to carry it for me, which should be entertaining for the rest of you rolling eyes
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I bought a sport conrad magnum as mentioned above and it fits my 179 Shreditors and 29.5 339mm giant boots with plenty of room to spare. It's really sturdy.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@Scarlet, just bat eyelids at taxi drivers, any blokes in airport, porters, hotel staff, or just show the boys your skis and you'll have the marriage proposals rolling in again, carrying ski bags is always the first challenge in the husband assessment centre Very Happy Joking aside, I agree even for single ski bags, wheels really not optional when you've got a back on your back, possibly another holdall and it is raining.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@Digger the dinosaur, thanks for volunteering wink
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_nkw=wheel+ski+bag
latest report
I find that I run out of weight allowance before I can fill my Dakine Fall Line Double. It is very big but that in itself is an issue as stuff can move around as there are no internal straps.

My son has a Burton Wheelie Gig Bag for his skis (can't get 'short' ski bags so only option is a board bag) and I think it is better than the Dakine. You can get it in 181 cm plus it has a 'secret' compartment that you could put a board in with you skis in the main part. It comes with 2 internal bags for boots and bindings. There are some bargains around at the moment as retailers clear their stock.
snow conditions
I think The best solution is a Sport Tube Series 3, hard case wheeled telescopic and wide enough for board and boots. IMO much better protection especially for long haul flights
http://m.edgeandwax.co.uk//271138/products/sportube-series-3-special-edition-2016-ski-and-snowboard-case-platinum.aspx?mredirect=true&origin=pla_with_promotion&kwd=&currency=GBP&gclid=CJrMiv-vrssCFcyRGwodcU8LBQ
snow conditions
My TNF Roller has proved to be invincible this far! Several short haul flights, lugged in and out of cars, long haul flights as well. Scuffed, but still looks pretty much new! Pricey brand new though... got mine 2nd hand so did well!
snow report
I have a douche bag.

Love it.
ski holidays
Thanks for all the replies.I think from the popularity of them ill get a douchebag, does anyone know if you can get skis and a board in one at the same time?
snow report
Would that Conrad bag fit two pairs of 185cm skis, boots and an airbag? Trying to source one for the end of the season…
snow conditions
Douche Bag. Never had so much fun traveling through the US before I had one. Might be lost? Tell the baggage desk you're looking for a douchebag - guaranteed to get you assistance...
ski holidays
Both mysel and a mate have had Douchebags and the seams split on them very easily. His on the double and mine on the single bag. Wouldn't buy one again. Not impressed with the build quality.

On the other hand I've had a Dakine fall-line 190 roller for seven years or so and its bomb-proof. As somebody mentioned above you usually hit the weight limit before its full of packing boots etc into it as well but it can take three pairs if you pack well and you can get about anything through an airport with a pleasant smile and a can-do attitude 👍
ski holidays
@fastandicy, two pairs of skis and a pair of boots hit our 20kg ski carriage limit on Friday with the Fall Line. There was a lot of room to fit a whole lot more in there. That said the bag wasn't weighed at all at the airport (Easyjet self service) so we could have packed it out if we wanted.
ski holidays
hammerite wrote:
@fastandicy, two pairs of skis and a pair of boots hit our 20kg ski carriage limit on Friday with the Fall Line. There was a lot of room to fit a whole lot more in there. That said the bag wasn't weighed at all at the airport (Easyjet self service) so we could have packed it out if we wanted.

I think the self service check-in machines wont let you check it in if its over the weight limit?
snow conditions
I've got a Sport Tube 2, but never use it as its too heavy and quite awkward. Just use a cheapo ski bag and pad it out a bit.
ski holidays
I've realised that none of the check in scales are long enough to fit a ski-bag in its entirety. For that reason you can normally get a foot under one end of the bag and support half the weight that way. Then just hold REALLY still til the scales tell them you only have 15 kilo's in there and roll on smiling. NehNeh
ski holidays
I've the Thule double roller, and am very pleased with it. Currently in Whistler with it, and flew BA who weighed it at 20kg with:
2 pairs of skis
1 pair of bindings
ski poles, gloves, helmet, knee brace
all my ski and normal clothes for 2 weeks, except for jacket (wore on plane), socks and underwear (stuffed inside ski boots in hand luggage)
toiletries and hair straighteners (essential on any holiday Wink )

Plenty of room left, I was just worried about the weight (BA allowance is 23kg though, so space to bring some shopping back Smile )

It's long enough to take my biggest skis at 185cm, and I just about managed to still manoeuvre it through the BA checkin queue.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Dakine Concourse. Huge.
snow report
I bought the douchebag - split on 1st use and that was just transporting 2 pairs of skis from Newcastle to London 90% of journey was on the east coast train then round corner to kings cross premier inn - have to say not at all impressed given the cost.
snow report
I picked up one of these for 100 euro and can't fault it.
http://blistergearreview.com/gear-reviews/patagonia-black-hole-snow-roller-ski-bag
ski holidays
Thule Roundtrip Double has done me well so far, £65 at the time (flashsale, tipoff via this forum - thanks again snowheads!). Fits my 2 pair skis (185 and 172) and 1 pair boots. Dont know about a board as well, but worth a look.

Where in NZ are you going for your season? Not much in the way of airport/rail concourses there - most of your journeys once through customs will be on 4 wheels. Just as to whether a wheeled bag is 100% necessary, though of course it's not just a purchase for one Southern season.
latest report
@Themasterpiece, we didn't have to put the bag on the scales. As it was sports equipment the label automatically came out of the machine with the item being given a default weight of 12kg (no idea why!). The bag then had to go to the bulky items check in where it wasn't weighed either.
ski holidays
Any views on the Snokart 2 ski roller 185, was thinking of this as my next bag
snow report
I have a dakine fall line, it's ok but there is no straps on the inside to secure the skis and if they are short skis i take the bag needs to be lifted up at an awkward angle when you are dragging it else the wheels don't touch the ground first, i'd get an adjustable one like the douchebag in future.
latest report
Got the Sport Conrad bag for 60 euro and very happy with it. Think it should be able to fit two pairs of skis, two pairs of boots and helmet with lots of ski gear…seems sturdy too.
latest report
Based on my past experiences with Dakine gear I bought the Dakine Concourse, great features, very pleased with it until it came out on the carousel of the first trip - the airline had managed to rip the sidewall in two places!
This is now subject to an airline claim but if that is not successful I may seek a refund as I think that it is not really fit for purpose. The place where it has ripped is a much thinner material that other areas of the bag (I can see this now it is ripped) and much thinner than my old Volkl single skin bag which has stood up to about 20 years of wear and tear with only a few minor holes.
latest report
This bag is awesome

https://www.dakine.com/bags/travel-bags/ski-travel-gear-bags/concourse-double-185cm-ski-bag.html
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy