Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Please slow down a bit BEFORE you get to the restaurant

Poster: A snowHead
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1615728228440576&id=332145270132218
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Very Happy quality!
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Another reason to wear a helmet Laughing
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
She seemed rather keen to spray some snow and make an entrance. Certainly got the 2nd bit right rolling eyes
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Laughing
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Ouch! No blood?
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I've witnessed one or two young 'Henry's' making a 'splash' when pulling into Ronnie's (Rond Point). wink
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
And don't try a hockey stop on a pile of skis on the floor!
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Hahahaha that was brilliant, what an idiot.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Classic!
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Is it me or just she look rather annoyed with the ski rack for being there? Kind of like she's saying "what the hell was that doing there?"
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Well it was very inconsiderate of those people to leave their skis there like that. Lucky not to get a face full of binding!
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
A) dust yourself off and order a beer like nothing happened, B) find your skis and get out there asap, C) spend the next half hour picking up and sorting out skis and poles?
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
B!
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
B!
snow report
D) Toss hair, take a bow and say, "I hope someone got that on camera" NehNeh .
ski holidays
Such panache, @maggi Laughing
snow report
B+1) Get the ferk out of there and buy a new jacket sharpish. wink
snow report
hmmm….she was extremely lucky to escape serious injury. The last time I saw someone do this, a woman piled into the skis lying on the ground around the restaurant and fell onto bindings. She was hospitalised with serious facial and head injuries. She was wearing a helmet bya (before you ask). Why do people think that skiing is immune from the disaster that can come from 'can't be arsed to realise that this is a serious, high energy sport'? I guess for the same reason that I arrived with the car to pick up a 20 year old to take to The Castle for her first session of climbing. She had 2cm plastic nail extensions on. I immediately said 'hmmm…you will have problems with those'. She said 'well, I'll cope'. She stopped climbing after 2 mins and 1m up. 'I can't do this…I won't do this…' was said.

Slight failure of imagination and anticipation as to what the sport involved. Shame that failure to understand this in skiing can result in so many nasty situations and injuries.
snow report
Looking at the slow-mo it looks like her left ski pre-released. I think the ski you see sliding parallel to hers as she crashes is not hers either. It's hard to see clearly but I think that she picked that up from the two pairs that can be seen flat on the ground in the middle near the start of the video. It looks to me like the ski went while her feet were out of shot (behind the ski rack on the left). If so then she was perhaps more unlucky than stupid.
ski holidays
She was sliding sideways for some time before her ski came off, apparently making little attempt to slow down but kicking up a big spray of snow. Methinks that was deliberate.
snow report
Looked to me like she was trying a huge hockey stop without actually slowing much, hit the skis/boards on the floor and lost her left ski.
snow report
Quote:

a woman piled into the skis lying on the ground around the restaurant and fell onto bindings.

It drives me mad when people leave their skis on the ground, especially when there are ski racks there with space, bloody laziness.
ski holidays
It looks to me as if she hit a random selection of skis 'parked' on the snow ahead of the rack, this caused one ski to release and her one ski skills were less than Bodesque.
She looked fairly up together on early arrival, if carrying too much speed. Going for the 'big' entrance perhaps?
wink
ski holidays
Classic "look at me"......"oh, b*gg*r. Please dont look at me."

Lucky she had a lid on. But then if you try stunts like that you probably need one.
snow report
Those famous words, "Watch this"....
ski holidays
Followed by 'Oh £uck' I expect Very Happy
snow report
Swissie wrote:

It drives me mad when people leave their skis on the ground, especially when there are ski racks there with space, bloody laziness.

So you arrive at every single mountain restaurant in a state of rage. Is this not taking "grumpy old man" (or woman) above and beyond?
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
dogwatch wrote:
Swissie wrote:

So you arrive at every single mountain restaurant in a state of rage. Is this not taking "grumpy old man" (or woman) above and beyond?

Have you thought about another scenario? You and your chums arrive at the restaurant for lunch and fill the ski racks. Some of us wait a little longer before eating, arrive at the restaurant to find the ski racks full and put our skis on the ground. The early birds have finished a quick snack and leave with their skis ..... you have enjoyed a more sedate luncheon and leave to see the aforementioned racks now vacated ......and our skis in the snow rolling eyes
snow report
This gives "Keep a knockin' but you can't come in" a whole new meaning Laughing
ski holidays
@JanA, ….I think it's outrageous that people leave their skis on the ground when the racks are full. In the same spirit, when we climb I see rocks lying around all over the place on the mountains around us. Terribly untidy, no one can be bothered to clean or hoover properly. And then when it snows there's heaps of snow here, there and everywhere. I think the approach to the mountain environment should be much more meticulous; things should be changed to meet our expectations, never the other way around….
ski holidays
for those of us without Facebook, is there any other way to view this ???
snow conditions
@albob, http://www.downvids.net/fijne-skifail-760372.html
ski holidays
Maybe I should have been more specific.....skis left on the ground right at the entrance, I don't give a damn if they're anywhere else.@dogwatch, Actually I'm a pretty chilled person.
snow conditions
Swissie wrote:
Maybe I should have been more specific.....skis left on the ground right at the entrance, I don't give a damn if they're anywhere else.@dogwatch, Actually I'm a pretty chilled person.

You do have a fair point. Yes we do have to put our skis somewhere if the racks are full but some people have no common sense. Last week at The Hermitage in Pila, the manager had to come out and tell the ski schools and public to move their kit. There was absolutely now way anyone could have got to the restaurant safely, with the amount of "abandoned " skis.
That said the woman in the video was definitely hockey stopping before she lost her ski and piled into the rack......bet she doesn't do that again.
ski holidays
option D , then follwed by option A, and another A for good measure
latest report
@Gämsbock, Excellent - thanks....
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy