Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Sore ankle?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I'm in the middle of a longish trip - a 6 week mini-season touring around Salzburgerland. I've been comfortably doing say 2 to 5 hours of actual skiing each day for 19 consecutive days, no problems at all.

Over the past 2 days I got a bit silly and have been skiing a bit longer and more aggressively than before, and seem to have injured my ankle a bit. The pain is on the inside of my right leg, just behind my ankle bone, and extending up and down a little from there. I suspect it's the muscles or tendons used to rotate your foot ie to switch from edge to edge. Snow conditions were kinda bumpy-slush on the first day and then 30cm of fresh snow on the piste (!!) on the second which sort of explains why I didn't rest it sooner... but probably contributed.

I've rested it for a day and plan to rest for a little more - just wondering if anyone else has experienced something like this?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Iv had plenty of sore ankle in the past... but a good ankle support can help (sometimes, it just depends what was causing it)
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Do some cold therapy. You want to get down as much inflammation as possible. Will help ease the pain as well. And yes, I agree, bandage or tape it for extra support. The spot your describing sounds like it might be your 'posterior tibiofibular ligament'...if that helps at all. Wishing you the best.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy