Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Women's ski injuries down to sex!

Poster: A snowHead
Wade through the stories and there are some hard facts and research to support the claim
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3477548/Why-women-suffering-horrifying-injuries-ski-slopes-s-status-symbol-family-holiday-ends-mum-hospital-bodies-different-men-s.html

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Sat 5-03-16 15:42; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Nothing much new there. Female anatomy plus the fact that many of the women going on ski holidays haven't even run for a bus in 20 years means some injuries are more likely. Even the top female ski racers, who are supremely fit athletes, still get more ACL injuries than the men.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Life is too short to fix all of the fail in that article. Off for a ski!
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@boredsurfin, ....student....who says she hits 70 mph on the slopes...

wtf.......????????
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@valais2, Was probably on Ski Trax so must be accurate Toofy Grin wink
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
The title of this thread made me laugh (imagining what sort of injuries skiing + sex might cause Toofy Grin ) and then I read this:

"Claire... has also been unable to make love to her husband. She... says defiantly: ‘Nothing beats skiing.' Laughing snowHead
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@miranda, LOL!
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@miranda, Laughing Laughing
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I always scan links before clicking them, this time i got as far as http://www.dailym and just called it a day
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Stecleary84 wrote:
I always scan links before clicking them, this time i got as far as http://www.dailym and just called it a day

That's one of two reasons I didn't read the story. The other was the absense of the words 'not enough' in the headline.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@Tubaski, Laughing Laughing
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Irwin Mitchell involvement.

Pam's point is very valid, unfit people going fast with low skill levels and high alcohol intake, bad combination. I would need more information to believe women are injured more than men, maybe the men don't make a big thing about it.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Oh, ""Status symbol family holiday"" really? Nobody I know cares if I go skiing or not, and I go for myself/family.

It might be different if I lived in Jaywick.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
blahblahblah wrote:
Oh, ""Status symbol family holiday"" really? Nobody I know cares if I go skiing or not, and I go for myself/family.

It might be different if I lived in Jaywick.

Yes, As with schools rugby last week I wonder how long it will be before we have reports of a 'letter' signed by various unheard of medics and academics demanding that skiing be banned for ______ (complete as required) skiers on the basis that its too dangerous.

I don't know what has happened to the bone setters and p*ss sniffers unions and associations these days but they seem to have developed a liking to attack the pastimes, games and hobbies of people they consider to be 'privileged'

Maybe we'll escape censure if we agree not to ski on weekends in the UK...........? wink
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
A bloke stopped my Missus as she hobbled round Tesco's with a pot on her leg.
"Did you do that Skiing?" he asked, and proceeded to recite this article to her.

We hope that they will extract the crutch this week sometime, but I doubt its usable given where its been. I guess that's another ski related injury. Toofy Grin
ski holidays
@Strax, Laughing
snow report
Hilarious:

‘He told me he’s seeing more facial injuries because people are able to hire super-fast, high-tech skis for an extra €10, and some are using skiing equipment they are not experienced enough to use.’

Cos the numpties on the basic rental fodder grade knackered equipment don't ski out of control and hit people. It's not clear from the story as presented whether the woman with the fractured pelvis in fact only has herself to blame - clocking 30mph in a densely trafficked zone is questionable.

I watched a woman last week from a chairlift nervously skiing a bit of heavy spring snow on piste. From the tentative way she was skiing it and sitting back into repeated slow speed falls I could easily see an ACL injury in her future. I can see there is something to be said for male testosterone driven "confidence" in such circumstances.
snow report
valais2 wrote:
@boredsurfin, ....student....who says she hits 70 mph on the slopes...

wtf.......????????

Probably 70 kmph...students don't read the small print Toofy Grin

suec
snow report
Easy solution is obvious.
snow conditions
Lol.

Kate Moss likes powda on and off the slopes wink
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy