Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

New Zealand Season 2016

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hey,

The girlfriend and I are currently out doing a season in Morzine. With the prospect of the snow melting (not that there has been that much!), and all things ski/board related drifting away, we're considering hopping over to NZ for a season after this. Now I get that it's March and we probably need to get on sorting visas etc if we want to work. But I see many job sites have only just opened up their applications for the 2016 season, so I'm sure it's fine..?

We were considering travelling over that way anyway, so the quality of the skiing/boarding isn't the paramount thing, it would be more of a bonus if anything. Neither of us has any knowledge of that side of the world so would be great to hear from some people with previous experience on where we might head for a good time. I gather the resorts aren't anywhere near as large as the stuff in the Alps, but I'm thinking there must be some nice spots to try out and jobs to fill?

We're both late twenties , and I've been transfer driving for 2 seasons, while she has been working as a nanny this year (normally a teacher, so plenty experienced!). We're happy to work most jobs though. Anyone got a suggestion on the best websites to look at, companies to contact?

All help appreciated, cheeers!
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
A few threads to get you started.

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=2641785#2641785

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=2640662#2640662

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=116880&highlight=

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=117170&highlight=

Do a few searches as there will be more
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Do you really want to do this?
Side-hill, rain-crust, frozen gravel, big giant parrots that break in into your motor, nick it and pimp yer missus on the mean streets of Christchurch?
On the other hand it might be ok.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Well I lived in NZ for 3 years, mainly in Taupo and Queenstown.

I had a season in Queenstown and few away days in Taupo and Cadrona.

Ski field in NZ are tiny and frosty, having said that snow is better than no snow.

In Queenstown (pass covers you for 2 areas) the season kicks of in June/July, get there early and get your ski pass now (early bird deals). There are loads of jobs about but I'd avoid anything to do with the ski fields. Long hours rubbish pay. If you get there early and get to know people there are plenty of good jobs, especially bar work, taxi's, driving etc.

Pm me if you want more info.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
well ill see you out their as im going Smile
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Early bird season pass prices still available until the 31st of March. The Queenstown pass now covers 3 areas and discounts at a few others. If you are coming to Queenstown arrive early for both job finding and accommodation.
@treeslayer, Have you decided where you are heading.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Well I'm waiting to see if I get a job with Nzski, but I'm pretty sure it will be queenstown for me, might get the pass before I go. 100% going though leaving for Auckland on April 13th and staying with a friend for a few weeks
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Go to Chile.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Whitegold wrote:
Go to Chile.

Yes, because the skiing is much better, but also no, as it's not so easy to find work there.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy