Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Les Menuires or Chatel Family trip at Easter ??

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
So we (2 Adults and 4 kids 13,11,8 & 5) are planning our first 'family' ski trip over Easter.
Adults have skied for years, but this is the first time taking the kids.

To cut a long story short, I've spent HOURS/DAYS looking at possible options & driving myself mad.
So today I have FINALLY decided it is a definite toss up between two;

Les Menuires- Le Bettaix - Chalet Isabelle with Silver Lining Chalets
or
Chatel - Chalet Les 2 Vallees with Mountain Air Holidays

The children will be attending group lessons. Shuttle to lessons provided by the Chalets.

Prosneige - Les Men
ESI - Chatel (lessons at Pre la Joux)

So lovely Snowhead people.......
Any input positive/negative about any of the above will be gratefully received.

Thanks in advance Very Happy
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Chatel is much prettier, an old French village. However it is a lot lower then Les Menuires which will be more snow sure.

You may be downloading at the end of the day at Chatel but skiing back to your accommodation in Les Menuires.

As it is Easter I would go for Les Menuires.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@Delilahdaff, If your lessons in Chatel are at Pre La Joux and you are talking about this Easter I would say the chance of having to download at the end of the day is nil. You would have to drive/bus to accommodation irrespective of the amount of snow. The ESI meeting point is the bottom of the Pierre Longue lift and there is always snow down to there in late March (though it might be a bit slushy)
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@Delilahdaff, agree with @DJL that its very unlikely you will be downloading at Pre la Joux in late March. Been there Easter last 4 years or so and never downloaded there.

I once looked at Le Bettaix but it seemed a real schlep up to Les Menuires. Long time ago, I could be wrong.

In Chatel, I know the chalet location and it's good. About a 10 minute walk to town and on a bus route though the chalet will drive you to and from the slopes every day, and drop you right by the lesson meeting point, about 10 minutes drive. I don't know the chalet owner personally, but I do know who they are and am sure they will be fine.

Re. the ESI, will be fine. I know a few of the instructors there and there are some good ones.

Hope that helps a bit.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
There's a new fast lift in from Le Bettaix up into Les Menuires proper with a short ski down to the Croisette. (Well..not quite new-it's the old St Martin 2 lift- recycled-but still a fast 4 man). This might be difficult for the kids to do on the first couple of days, but then they may be able to get the ski lift to lessons in the mornings. I am wondering to myself whether the lift stays open for pedestrians later in the day so it's relatively easy to get out in the early evening.

I can't help on Chatel
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Mountain Air are a good company, they were friends of ours when we operated there. I heard mixed reviews about their portion sizes for dinner etc, but can't comment personally - over all that'll always be one persons feast and another persons famine.

Very nice people who've worked in Chatel a long time
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I don't have advice but interested in your choice and feedback as I am thinking Les Menuires for next Easter for a 6 and 4 year old...! My other consideration is with Esprit but its just to price! Let me know...I am going back to VT next week with friends so know the area ok and will actually check on the silver lining chalet locations.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
We stayed pretty much opposite those chalets in le bettaix a few weeks ago with the kids and had a great holiday. Since the kids can be transported to lessons to start with that avoids tackling a chairlift on the first morning!

There's an easy run back to the village which will suit even the youngest once they've found their ski legs but it is a bit of a distance. If the chalet will offer to pick the kids up after lessons you may want this for the first few days (I'm trying to remember how far our daughter would go in her first year at the same age).

There are no bars or restaurants there but being in a catered chalet with kids obviates that need to a large degree. There is a nice place to stop on the right on the way down for a rest and a drink for everyone if you'd like some family-friendly apres!
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
End of march\early April I'd want Les menuires tbh, chatel is much lower and more spread out, my last memories of it in -early- March are far from positive.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy