Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Broken wrist injury

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
My brother in law broke his wrist yesterday skiing and this afternoon is having a pin inserted. He has decided to be operated on under local, rather than general anaesthetic for a faster recovery time. Is this a good idea and will it be very painfull?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
chris, Please pass on SH's wishes for a speedy recovery...Is he well ard then wink PG broke his arm last winter and had some scaffolding inserted, you could PM him for his views, but I guess we are all different. wink We have several medics on here, one of them is bound to stop by here.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Snowbunny, thanks for your concern. The only positive thing is that it happened on the afternoon of his last day. He is not very happy because he was due to go back to England today and it looks as if ot will be 4 or 5 days before he can return now.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
chris, Best wishes to your brother, I know which one I'd opt for . . . Zzzz, but I'm a coward.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I'm with IncogSkiSno, I would want the ZZzzzz. Just to keep me still and stop me feeling spoo
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
chris, firstly hope your brother in law is all right.
Broke my wrist last season (the scaphoid bone) in Jan , skied on for 2 days with it not knowing it was broken although getting my glove on and off was a bit of a challenge!!!.
Had it pinned when I got back and realised it was broken, under general. In and out on the day and able to go skiing again at Easter with only a support just in case, so all is not lost for him this season
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
RDSpearing, My son has a broken scaphoid, he has had it for years and only just had it diagnosed (not medics fault, he didn't go and get it checked) he has been snowboarding, skateboarding, playing rugby and bodyboarding with it like this. He is off to see the consultant in Feb.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
IncogSkiSno, On occassion I often wonder about getting bits of my body x rayed to see what damage is in there - nah
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
chris, how awful for him. I'd opt for the local too, I don't like being knocked out.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I would really not want to be able to watch or hear somebody putting something in my wrist. So I would opt of the zzzzzzzz also.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
chris, My mum has had 2 knee replacements, and 2 hip replacements all without a general. She said it was fine. She is well hard though.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Frosty the Snowman, Shocked
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I broke my wrist many years ago (quite badly), playing hockey: the original intention was to reduce the fracture under local anaesthetic, but by the time the orthopaedic team got to work, my hand was so swollen that they couldn't find the veins in the back of my hand to get the needle in.

After they'd had about four goes at this, I was only too pleased when they decided to knock me out, instead.

It was initially stabilised with a light plaster, then fully plastered right up beyond the elbow for about 3 weeks, before reverting to a forearm-only plaster.

It was VERY painful for the first few days, but thereafter just a nuisance.

Plaster finally came off after 6 weeks, and I've not had any trouble since (apart from being able to amaze and disgust my friends by holding my bending my left hand at an unfeasible angle).
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy