Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Scotland

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
wish it would hurry up and snow... i remember back in November they were showing Cairngorm on the news cos it has snowed and they opened. I had the flu though so i couldn't go....Thought i'd have been snowboarding by now though Sad
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
12 cm fresh snow here since last - get tae Edinburgh - Easyjet and get some snow under ye snowHead
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Alright mate, i think i might just have to do abit of travelling.... how expensive is it for accomodation etc....

i've never been snowboarding anywhere else....
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
orangutan, once you've got yourself to a Swiss airport or railhead you'll be looking at a standard Swiss Transfer railfare of around 50 quid to and from the resort. Stay in a youth hostel for best value - maybe £20 to £25 per night including an evening meal.

France could be cheaper. Other places like Italy, Spain, Andorra certainly are. Austria's good for bed and breakfast places. Share with mates in a cheap self-catering flat in a good French resort for low cost and good value (I shared with 22 others in a 6-bed flat once). That's one reason why France is so popular. Your main extra is obviously the liftpass, but that'll only be a bit more than Scotland - especially on a daily share of a 6-day pass.

Hope some snow sticks to the Scottish hills soon. It's got to happen.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
We were in a B&B in verbier at Christmas it was around 25 pound per night per person - have a look on the Chalets forum.

We stayed in a Hotel in Saas Fee the Europa which was around 20 quid a night including breakfast.

Depends on what you are looking for............apart from snow ??
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
IF you go to Saas Fee, Nesti's bar now understands - Aberdonian - then go to the club poison until around 5.30am, get up at 11am and enjoy the afternoon - you can board down on nice red black runns from 3500m down to 1800m

The guy that organised the trip this time has just booked the 2 chalets for the same time next year, the chalets cost 700 quid per week and sleep 9.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
obelix67,

I lived in the deen for 4 years and still don't understand the local tongue!!!!
snow conditions
 brian
brian
johnboy, furryboots ?

I married a quine fae Inverurie and I still dinna ken fit she's spikkin aboot half the time !! rolling eyes

eg. Far ye gan aye noo ? Puzzled
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I have a friend in Aberdeen and I cannot understand him at all on the phone. I think I should go and buy an Aberdeen phrase book!
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
on line is your friend

http://www.blootoon.com/doric.asp

The offical language of the north east

You can also get
Teach yourself doric
doric for swots
a doric dictionary
doric proverbs n sayings - these books are available through http://www.scottishbooks.com/search_results.asp?keysrch=doric

My sons are irish and when they were younger and I was talking to my grandparents or my dad on the phone they never understood what I said, now they have a base irish accent and use doric words and speak swiss french at school.................ah well Madeye-Smiley
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
cheers lads.

can't really afford a trip abroad, but no chance i'm waiting another year - so if the snow dosn't come to me, ill be going to it! snowHead
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
obelix67, don't feel bad about not understanding. I come from Glasgow, and once spent 18 months living in the Hilltown in Dundee wondering just which country I had landed in Puzzled
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy