Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Kitzbühel

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Heading to Kitzbühel on Thursday evening. Any intell on current conditions, best runs and suggestions for après (not too wild!) all invited. Webcams seem to be showing rain today.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I love Kitzbuhel. Had a week there quite some time ago, but also skied there a bit last year as was staying in St Johann just down the road. There are loads of great areas (although not too sure what you are after). Obviously you will be trying the Streif downhill course, which is one of the runs back to the village. Tip: do this earlier in the day, so that you can get some pace up, as it gets busy in the pm and cuts up a bit.
If you like covering ground you can head across all the way to Pass Thurn, but try to choose a cold day, as when I last did it many of the runs home where mush in the pm. If you really want to cover kms, buy the Kitzbuhler All Star Pass and head across to Westendorf one day, from where you can explore the 280km Ski Welt (you can always ski down to Hopfgarten or Brixen and catch the train home if you start to run out of time to get back).
Probably my favourite area was the runs down towards Kirchberg. Nice and long + many tree lined.

Apres is great as well, although a bit more pricey than elsewhere in Austria. The Londoner was most lively when I was there both straight after skiing and later. It often had live music as did a play called Highways.

I can't give you a current forecast as I'm off to Dolomites next week, but it seems that there's plenty of snow around at the moment. When I was there, rain in the town meant snow on the pistes! Enjoy.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy