Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Civetta

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
We skied from Corvara to Malga Ciapela and took the bus to Alleghe. What a lovely quiet area to ski. Alleghe and Rocca Pietore very pretty. Having skied around Civetta we decided to take the bus from Pescul to Fedare and ski back to Corvara via Laguzoi. Ended up doing a circuit around 5 Torre but forgot the chairs on the WW1 route are actually from WW1 and made our last chair at Biok at 4.45pm. Skied over 50km and pooped. Love it here.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@erica2004, That's quite a day out. Glad you made the last chair ok. It certainly is a nice area.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@erica2004, you did well to do the whole WW1 circuit plus the detours.

I did the same route last Thurs from Alleghe and just got back to Malga Ciapela at about 4:30pm to catch a very full bus back to Alleghe.

The Civetta is a very worthwhile area, generally a bit quieter and better value than the Sella Ronda areas.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.

http://youtube.com/v/FG-4zHirjTY
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
We were lucky on the trip to M. Ciapela - no queues as the day started a little overcast and no one seemed to be going to the glacier. I must admit we panicked a bit when we ended up in 5 Torre instead of Lagazoi.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Haha - glad you liked it. Told you it's not bad... by the way, just so you know we're talking to our manager out there who is also an estate agent and we're thinking about setting up a side project helping to find properties and organise renovations etc. as she's partnered with an architect...
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@Casa Alfredino, We are definitely considering it. Very Happy
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I would never want to own a piece of a foreign country...just go and visit, pay to stay in a nice hotel or apartment and walk away with no maintenance issues, bureaucracy hassle, dealing with utility companies, tax authorities, insurance companies, etc...let someone local who speaks the lingo and has all the necessary contacts worry about all that.

If you're on holiday, you want to enjoy it, not have to sort out all the problems associated with owning a property. Different maybe if you have time to spend a season somewhere, but even then you can do long-term rentals.

If you own overseas, you feel compelled to keep returning to holiday there. If you're unencumbered, you can holiday where you like. This world's too big to confine yourself to one spot.

Just my 2p worth! snowHead
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Also the frequent touting of apartment rentals and property investment is getting a bit tiresome on the Dolomite threads, can we stick to discussions about the skiing and skiing-related issues and use commercial channels for any advertising please? snowHead
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Hey Luigi - sorry if it seems out of place - just had a PM discussion with Erica a while back about her idea of buying there as I have done, so more an offer of help rather than touting for business... And you are right, it's damn difficult owning in a different country!
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Casa Alfredino wrote:
Hey Luigi - sorry if it seems out of place - just had a PM discussion with Erica a while back about her idea of buying there as I have done, so more an offer of help rather than touting for business... And you are right, it's damn difficult owning in a different country!

Admin has created a specific sub-forum for discussion of chalets & apartments, but he adds the rider 'Advice and discussion about, not selling and renting of. This section is not for commercial advertising'...so you'll need to be careful not to fall foul of forum rules if there's seen to be any commercial interest in your recommendations. wink

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewforum.php?f=21
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
A little harsh @luigi, as I have been discussing property with @Casa Alfredino, privately and went to Civetta to have a look around. He just remembered that's all.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
erica2004 wrote:
A little harsh @luigi, as I have been discussing property with @Casa Alfredino, privately and went to Civetta to have a look around. He just remembered that's all.

You just need to go back over @Casa Alfredino's posts to see how many times he's touted his apartments on the Dolomites discussion threads, now with this commercial 'side-project' for property development, I just thought it was getting a bit much and something needs to be said.

I'm happy to refer it to Admin for his adjudication though, but I think it's clear he doesn't want the forum tainted by commercial interest.

If you want to discuss property with him, it's probably best to confine it to PM...buyer beware! wink
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Hey Luigi no worries - I'll keep it clean. I post on another climbing and skiing forum where there is no such conflict as people pay for a commercial profile and you are tagged as such, so either people can look at your post and read it or ignore it. It helps pay for the forum running costs and so it is a very different environment, but everybody knows the score. Just takes a bit of getting used to being in a different place that's all. My aim is certainly not to offend anybody with my posts and obviously if I am doing that for you, then I apologise and will stick to info. If I have info in blogs I've written as I've done a few about the area in general, is that OK? Trouble is, that could be seen as a commercial interest too!
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Casa Alfredino wrote:
Hey Luigi no worries - I'll keep it clean. I post on another climbing and skiing forum where there is no such conflict as people pay for a commercial profile and you are tagged as such, so either people can look at your post and read it or ignore it. It helps pay for the forum running costs and so it is a very different environment, but everybody knows the score. Just takes a bit of getting used to being in a different place that's all. My aim is certainly not to offend anybody with my posts and obviously if I am doing that for you, then I apologise and will stick to info. If I have info in blogs I've written as I've done a few about the area in general, is that OK? Trouble is, that could be seen as a commercial interest too!

No problems with you offering friendly, disinterested advice on the appropriate threads, but if you're looking to promote commercial ventures (apartment rentals & property development) here, please refer to Admin as to whether he will allow such on the Forum. This is a generally friendly place and quite a number of members have an apartment to rent when they're not using it. I believe some have put a reference or link to it in their signature under every post, but if they are seen to be actively touting it at every opportunity, they are often taken to task.

The resort reviews and trip report section is definitely not a place to tout commercial interests, only honest recommendations.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy