Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

La Rosiere - day parking?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hello All, We're driving down to Sainte Foy at the beginning of March and are hoping once again to enjoy the delights of that resort as well as Les Arcs, Tignes and Val d'Isere as we did last year (helped by some amazing weather, it must be said).

One place we didn't get to last time was La Rosiere which looks eminently driveable so we'd like to give a go, hopefully getting as far as La Thuile. Does anyone know whether it is easy to park in La Rosiere for the day and if so where is the best car park for easy access to the lifts?

Thanks for any suggestions help and advice you might be able to provide about both parking and perhaps best runs/piste side restaurants in La Ros/La Thuile.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I usually park right outside the lift pass office on the main street.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
When we were there a few Christmases ago we were easily able to park every day by the the lifts at the Les Eucherts end!
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@Loganberry, There is parking at the very bottom lift at Ecudets. There is a lift pass booth there and it saves you climbing and descending all those bends the hill in your car. The car park is https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@45.6328855,6.8231355,3a,75y,16.65h,94.33t/data=!3m7!1e1!3m5!1sScY5W9E1avu8yxamttvm1g!2e0!6s%2F%2Fgeo2.ggpht.com%2Fcbk%3Fpanoid%3DScY5W9E1avu8yxamttvm1g%26output%3Dthumbnail%26cb_client%3Dmaps_sv.tactile.gps%26thumb%3D2%26w%3D203%26h%3D100%26yaw%3D194.1696%26pitch%3D0!7i13312!8i6656?hl=en
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
If you are coming from Ste Foy, you would cut across the mountain and join the main road a couple of bends from the top so not passing Les Eucherts.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Thank you all very much for the advice. I'll check out Google maps for the route in but I had noticed that we could short cut across the side of the valley. My only concern was how big that road is in case of snowy weather. I've been looking at the longer range forecast on Accuweather (happy to take advice on your favourite forecasters though) and It's looking like there could be the odd flurry (or more) during the week starting 7/3! I imagine snow conditions are good all round at the moment though.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I would drop down to the main road at Ste Foy, easy drive along main road to Seez, then up to Ecudets for the huge free car park.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@Loganberry,

Don't drive down to Seez cut across to La Roz via the right turn just before St Foy village , I always park in front of the lift pass office but it doesn't make any difference if you go to Ecudets . Regarding the road it is kept very clear and most of it is south facing so always to the Tarmac unless it's a new snow day , but it would be pointless leaving Ste Foy on a new snow day .
Tip go on a good weather day as the pass can close as you'd probably want to by -pass Le Ros and go straight to Italy , the skiing is better .
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Thanks again for all the advice. We took the higher road around the valley which was about 15 mins quicker than going down to Seez (tried that for the return journey) - the higher road was a bit narrow in parts, but as we live on a narrow country lane, nothing to worry about (othe than the big drop down into the valley - fortunately on the other side from us, when the big lorries were coming by). We just managed to park in the car park opp the main lift in the last available space round the back, but we had had a rather lazy start time and this was around 10.30.

Unfortunately although it was a beautiful blue sky day, it was also very windy which made the chair lifts very unpleasant, and a lot of the pistes were hard and scoured. The best bit of the day was seeing the avalanche dog training - there must have been about 20 of them doing their stuff and it was great to see them coming back down into the village mid afternoon - mostly between their handlers skis, but at least one on his handlers shoulders and all of them looked like they were having the best time!

Subsequently, several people told us that it was always windy in La Ros.

Thanks again for your help.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy