Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Val D'Isere Dog friendly bars & restaurants

Poster: A snowHead
Could anyone advise us of any dog friendly bars and restaurants/bistros in Val D'Isere. We are taking our border collie out with us on this trip and I can't carry him around in a handbag! and don't want to leave him in the apartment. Not much info on websites.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I'd say (not that I've got a dog) that most French bars and restaurants are fine with dogs, who invariably seem to lie quietly under the table - you wouldn't know they were there.

I guess if they kept jumping around and barking at other dogs etc they wouldn't be so welcome. wink
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
The only place I can recall seeing a dog is the Sports Bar which name notwithstanding is more of a restaurant.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Don't take him to La Ferme, it's full of cats!
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
....yea most places should be fine. I know for sure that you can take dogs into Blue Note as the owner often has his dog in their... not sure re restaurants etc - never really noticed either way. Sorry cant be more specific!
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
@dogwatch, I thought you'd be more observant about dog friendly. Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Pascha-we are hoping to do the same. No advice on restaurants, but I would like to pick your brains on travel plans please?
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@boo22, we are going to try and get down as far as Beaune and then head up the mountains as early as poss on the Sat, to try and avoid the queues. We haven't booked our accom yet, but most Accor hotels are dog friendly. Unfortunately, we cannot arrive at apartment until 1700hrs and that coincides with kick-off, hence need to find pet friendly restaurant and more importantly a bar that's showing the Rugby!!!
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@Steve Angus. Thank you Steve, we will def visit there. We have been to Val D several times but without the dog, so have never really noticed either.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
@dogwatch, thank you for your help but where is the Sports Bar? I've tried Googling but yo no avail.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Maybe he means the Pacific Bar...?

http://www.pacificbarvaldisere.com/

oooo they do Old Rosie cider! Worth popping in just for that Very Happy

Last edited by snowHeads are a friendly bunch. on Sat 27-02-16 19:30; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@HoneyBunny, doubt it, that's very much a bar not a restaurant and dogwatch says " Sports Bar which name notwithstanding is more of a restaurant."
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Yeah but I've never heard of it!
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
me neither
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
The Alex bar in the Hotel Galise ...by the post office ... http://www.valdinet.com/nightlife/bars/bar-alexandra
Dog friendly.. SCGB meet place ... very good bar food from attached bistro
snow report
Any advice on the Eurotunnel (have only ever flown Confused )
Also recommendations for a vet in resort to sort the heartworm/certificate for going home.
How long (roughly) does it take to drive on average- should we assume a minimum of one night stop on the way? We had thought of a night by lake Annecy on the way out as an option as well but not sure how that fits with the rest of the travel.
Do most dog friendly hotels have parking or do we need to look for something separately?

Is paw wax/booties a good idea or will our doggie be able to tough it out with bare tootsies?
snow conditions
@boo22, there's a vet down in Moutiers that we use, but there may be one closer. As for boots or paw wax, we've never bothered, but it might depend on the kind of dog. We've got German Shepherds. Most hotels will have parking of some sort even in a city centre.
Has you dog already got the pet passport? You need the tapeworm treatment carried out more than 24 hours and less then 120 hours before you cross back to the UK.
snow report
boo22 wrote:
Any advice on the Eurotunnel (have only ever flown Confused )
Also recommendations for a vet in resort to sort the heartworm/certificate for going home.
How long (roughly) does it take to drive on average- should we assume a minimum of one night stop on the way? We had thought of a night by lake Annecy on the way out as an option as well but not sure how that fits with the rest of the travel.
Do most dog friendly hotels have parking or do we need to look for something separately?

Is paw wax/booties a good idea or will our doggie be able to tough it out with bare tootsies?

The vet is in Borge saint Maurice Clinique veterinaire, 440 AV du marechal leclerc.
+33 0479070493.

Annecy is a wonderful place to stop and would thoroughly recommend then only 2 hrs up the mountain on Sat.

We are stopping every 2-3 hrs for our dog and to get some fresh air. getting the 1410hrs Eurotunnel we stop at Beaune overnight on the Fri and leaving early doors on the Sat for the 4 hr journey to Val D. Have you been to Val D before?

Your hotel should let you know if it has parking on site or valet parking. There are plenty of public secure parking sites underground in Val D and GVFM in comparison to UK prices.

I would buy paw wax just incase as there aren't any vets or pet shops in ValD.
ski holidays
limegreen1 wrote:
The Alex bar in the Hotel Galise ...by the post office ... http://www.valdinet.com/nightlife/bars/bar-alexandra
Dog friendly.. SCGB meet place ... very good bar food from attached bistro

Many thanks! it looks lovely - will definitely visit Smile
snow report
HoneyBunny wrote:
Maybe he means the Pacific Bar...?

oooo they do Old Rosie cider! Worth popping in just for that Very Happy

I think so too - it will be on our list if it lets our Monty in:)
snow report
holidayloverxx wrote:
@HoneyBunny, doubt it, that's very much a bar not a restaurant and dogwatch says " Sports Bar which name notwithstanding is more of a restaurant."

restaurant or bar - still cannot find it on Google Sad
ski holidays
pascha wrote:
@dogwatch, thank you for your help but where is the Sports Bar? I've tried Googling but yo no avail.

Doesn't seem to have a website. I can't quickly find a detailed street map. From the tourist office, cross the main road and continue at 90 degrees to the main road between shops on paths. Go a bit right then continue left and you come out on a large square. The Sports Bar is on the right hand side about 30 metres along. Maybe it has another name, my friends all call it the Sports Bar, it's been there for years although recently refurbished. IIRC there is a hairdresser upstairs in the same building.
snow report
snow conditions
So I was right, it WAS the Pacific rolling eyes
snow report
@HoneyBunny, haha...just remembered you'd posted the link already! !
snow conditions
HoneyBunny wrote:

No. Read the directions I provided.
ski holidays
@dogwatch, I tried. ..I couldn't picture where you meant
latest report
Agree it's not a very clear description. But no way can it be the Pacific!
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
We lived in Val for several winters and never had any problems in bars or restaurants with our border collie. Just two places that we encountered where you just need to be a little more careful.
1. Les Clochetons at the bottom of The Manchet Valley as they have dogs.
2. Les Jardins Des Alpes in The Galleries des Cimes - they have a boxer, friendly to people but doesn't like other dogs on his patch.
I can also recommend Marc Eisenzimmer at the vets in Bourg in the above post, he is good.
The rugby will be on in The Moris, Pacific, Dicks and Le XV and you can take your dog...
As for the paws, we used to walk our dog quite some way in the snow and his paws used to ice up but we found a liberal application of vaseline would help...the dogs paws that is.
snow report
@dogwatch, from your directions it sounds like BouBou could be the bar your are talking about.
snow conditions
dogwatch wrote:
Agree it's not a very clear description. But no way can it be the Pacific!

I agree you weren't describing the Pacific. I was actually replying to someone else. ..but that wasn't clear either!
ski holidays
I'm likely to be there in a couple of weeks and I'll check the name!
ski holidays
Mrs G and I have been working through your directions and debating which bar you are describing...the cold winter nights fly by in our house! She has said it could be the Grand Cocor as that was refurbished a few seasons ago and is on the right hand side of area at the bottom of the slopes, opposite The Grand Marnier bar. I can't see the Sports Bar connection, but the directions maybe pointing us there...please put us out of our misery!
ski holidays
dogwatch wrote:
HoneyBunny wrote:

No. Read the directions I provided.

I just thought they were terrible directions.
ski holidays
Thanks for the advice Very Happy
We will use the recommended vet thanx.
We have stayed at new year ( in le savoie) and were v envious of all the dog/owners. We were recommended the bellier by a lady with a greyhound but that's booked up so are looking at galise or le kern. What are our options with parking?
And do you tent to leave your dogs loose in room or take dog crates for when you are out?
I think I will take some paw wax in case.
snow report
The Korean restaurant is good with dogs •
snow report
When we go back to Val to stay over, which is frequently, then we stay at The Aigle des Nieges which has vallet parking. The Ormalume is also good for dogs with balconies that overlook the mountain for the mutt and parking is in the underground at the end if the road. The dogs can roam free in the rooms. L'Avancher is another dog friendly hotel but we haven't stayed there.
snow report
When we go back to Val to stay over, which is frequently, then we stay at The Aigle des Nieges which has vallet parking. The Ormalume is also good for dogs with balconies that overlook the mountain for the mutt and parking is in the underground at the end if the road. The dogs can roam free in the rooms. L'Avancher is another dog friendly hotel but we haven't stayed there.
snow report
nice one Phil !! Toofy Grin
ski holidays
holidayloverxx wrote:
@dogwatch, I tried. ..I couldn't picture where you meant

Brasserie de Grand Cocor. Previously also known as the Cafe des Sports http://www.valdisere.com/fiche/brasserie-du-grand-cocor/

I find some of the reviews on Trip Advisor hilariously irrelevant. Yes there are better restaurants in Val d'Isere. This one however approximates about as closely as Val d'Isere provides to "value for money" and is, as originally requested, dog friendly.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy