Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

New goggles too high up?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
So I got my Bollé Nova II with the modulator lens in the mail yesterday, and I am having doubts regarding how they fit my face.
I think that they sit too high up on my face and that the eyes are in the lower half of the frame (which will give me less downward visibility?).
My wife thinks that they are fine. Very Happy

So, I would like this forum's expert opinion. Do they fit me, or should I return them?

http://imgur.com/gdYWCch
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Can't see the picture because work have blocked imgur, but my Bolle Gravity seem to sit quite high too, I always feel like I'm looking out the bottom of them. However I don't think it affects my vision, most of the time I don't need to see my feet anyway.

They also don't seem to fit too well with my helmet (which is a bummer because I specifically bought a Bolle helmet to suit) so I'll probably change them out for a new set next time I ski, even though I've only had them for 4 trips.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
they look fine to me, with out being smart the look at little high because your hairline leave such a big gap
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
If they were lower you'd have a fivehead......
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Looks fine to me Very Happy
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
How do they fit with your helmet - if you wear one ?
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
they look about right, since they appear to sit on your nose correctly... the high top may be needed to prevent the 'gaper' problem - ie it should leave no gap between the top of google and your helmet... best to check with helemt on to see if both fit together.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Thanks guys, I'll be keeping them.

I usually ski without a helmet so the gaper problem doesn't exist for me. When and if I buy a helmet, I will have to find one that fits with my goggles.

I'm excited! Only 3,5 weeks to go and then I'm off to Les Arcs!

Stecleary84 wrote:
they look fine to me, with out being smart the look at little high because your hairline leave such a big gap

Cheeky! Smile
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Goggles fine, not sure about the t-shirt / jumper combo though
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy