Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Sunglasses with helmet?

Poster: A snowHead
Saddle bag - Yes.

Peaked Helmet - Yes(I've got a melon head and it was the only one in the shop at the time that fitted).

Baggy Shorts - Yes and No, I did when commuting which involved a train ride one way(no shower at my old work) as they were handy for the pockets, I stick to the gimp suit otherwise.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@JamesN,

Ouch!

You must just be trolling and just having a laugh but just to be safe please read:

http://www.velominati.com/the-rules/

I am applying rule 3. Some preliminary skiing rules have been mentioned on Snowheads so please read and apply. Goggles and helmet is certainly one, along with dodgy tuck positions.

I wish you a speedy recovery!
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Laughing
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
A couple of the celebs on 'the jump' were sporting sunglasses and helmets in their training sessions this week.

Not sure if that proves anything either way though... Very Happy
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@SlipnSlide, it proves plenty.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
I've found that, with a Scott helmet, goggles seem too deep (ie they dig into the end of my nose !)
Perhaps my nose is too short, it looks OK normally.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@edgy1,

Those Scott helmets are really, really good so surgery is your friend.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Seriously, does any-one know of (maybe) less deep goggles that go with a Scott.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@JamesN, I'm with you, I wear a peaked helmet and baggies on the road bike - just to wind up the proper roadies wink
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
@edgy1, I used to wear a pair of Cebe goggles with my old Scott helmet. They worked just fine and were comfortable!
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@JayDub, are you a troll?
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I can't see how this is still going and I really can't believe the voracious defense of the offense to skiing fashion that is the helmet/sunglasses combo.

Clarky99 said it all. You'll all be breaking out the jeans, gaiters and bum bags next.......
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
galpinos wrote:
I can't see how this is still going and I really can't believe the voracious defense of the offense to skiing fashion that is the helmet/sunglasses combo.

Clarky99 said it all. You'll all be breaking out the jeans, gaiters and bum bags next.......

Hey what's wrong with bumbags! Very Happy

OK, I know they don't look particularly stylish, but personally I find a bum bag the most practical solution to carrying a bottle of water. Personally I prefer that to a backpack which I find can be a bit more restricitve on the shoulders and upper body and a hassle on chair lifts.

Does no-one else take water/drink out with them for the day? Puzzled
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
No, happy to spend money in local pubs and bars.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Regardless of the cost, I like to be able to have a quick, regular swig of water whenever I feel thirsty rather than having to go through all the palava of stopping at a restaurant and ordering a drink.

I'm guessing I'm in the minority though as most people I see don't seem to carry backpacks or bumbags (and water bottles don't tend to comfortably fit in pockets) so I guess most must just rehydrate at the restaurants? Each to their own I guess! Very Happy
snow report
I could do with a bumbag, skiing with kids often means dad has to carry the googles, extra gloves ect. Been using backpack as I don't like things in my pockets.
snow conditions
Quote:

offense to skiing fashion

Laughing some people need to get over themselves.
ski holidays
http://www.sailandski.co.uk/acatalog/Salomon-X-Max-Photochromatic-Ski-Goggles-2016-28875.html?gclid=CJawtJWpossCFbYK0wodut4KRA

Above are ace. Sun Glasses for Apres if you need them. Cool
latest report
Quote:

Hey what's wrong with bumbags!

@SlipnSlide, When skiing, only acceptable with a Nevica one piece or snowler blades and a jesters hat.

On the other hand, if fell running, when combined with a ratty old running vest and shorts that are indecently short, the height of chic.

Any other sports/fashion related questions I need to field?
ski holidays
@galpinos, nice. @pam w, nope, just being silly.
snow report
galpinos wrote:
Quote:

Hey what's wrong with bumbags!

@SlipnSlide, When skiing, only acceptable with a Nevica one piece or snowler blades and a jesters hat.

On the other hand, if fell running, when combined with a ratty old running vest and shorts that are indecently short, the height of chic.

Any other sports/fashion related questions I need to field?

Yeah, where does the fashion conscious skier carry his/her water bottle or do they just spend half the day lounging around mountain bars and restaurants in their Oakleys sipping on designer energy drinks? Laughing
ski holidays
I carry it in my hardcore touring bag, with shovel and ice axe obviously visible, marking me down as the kind of guy who puts down those awesome tracks in the couloirs visible int he distance from a chairlift......
ski holidays
@SlipnSlide, two trips to a mountain hut during the course of a day for food/drink/comfort break is hardly half the day lounging...
snow report
galpinos wrote:
I carry it in my hardcore touring bag, with shovel and ice axe obviously visible, marking me down as the kind of guy who puts down those awesome tracks in the couloirs visible int he distance from a chairlift......

Fair play. Cool

Do you bother carrying lunch or just trap and skin a wild marmot? Toofy Grin
snow report
Goggles AND a helmet in March?, when someone told you to go boil your head? Toofy Grin Do what you find comfortable.

If people are so far up their own back bottom that they genuinely think that sunnies should not be worn with a helmet for the way it looks or that socks should not be worn with sandals etc, then they seriously need to get a life and leave others to enjoy theirs.
snow report
Am I the only one who feels even happier wearing shades and a helmet knowing how much it annoys some people? Toofy Grin
ski holidays
@JamesN, No wink
snow report
Sunnies and a helmet is just wrong. However plenty of what people do on slopes is wrong. Safety ninja advisory I've never had goggs bruise the bridge of my nose or slice my temple but of course others may prefer more conventional ways of stopping than the facebrake.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
JamesN wrote:
Am I the only one who feels even happier wearing shades and a helmet knowing how much it annoys some people? Toofy Grin

Good point, i shall def try this on my next trip (only 2 weeks to go now).
snow report
What's the mood regarding helmets with a built in visor?
snow report
JamesN wrote:

Only acceptable for specs wearers.
latest report
Even seen a rugby player wearing ski goggles in tonight's Ulster vs Zebre game. Can't believe it as he was Italian so should have been wearing sunnies.
latest report
Dave of the Marmottes wrote:
Sunnies and a helmet is just wrong. However plenty of what people do on slopes is wrong. Safety ninja advisory I've never had goggs bruise the bridge of my nose or slice my temple but of course others may prefer more conventional ways of stopping than the facebrake.

Nah, I've tried it myself a couple of times recently. The goggles were fine (though I've snapped a lens in the past with a similar manouvre), sunglasses would've been rubbish, and also it was snowing so definitely would've been rubbish. Seems like a good way to avoid a knee injury and damage to vital organs. Cool
latest report
Quote:

Am I the only one who feels even happier wearing shades and a helmet knowing how much it annoys some people?

It doesn't annoy them. It's nice for people who feel so unsure of themselves that their self esteem is based on whether they wear sunglasses or goggles to have somebody to look down on. wink
snow report
pam w wrote:
Quote:

Am I the only one who feels even happier wearing shades and a helmet knowing how much it annoys some people?

It doesn't annoy them. It's nice for people who feel so unsure of themselves that their self esteem is based on whether they wear sunglasses or goggles to have somebody to look down on. wink

I guess I should feel pity, I don't but I should. Laughing
latest report
I'm lucky I look so cool in goggles and a helmet. I pity the fools wearing shades.

ski holidays
@Dave of the Marmottes, So its gone from fashion to safety, as I said eons ago I wear shades because my peripheral vision is far better, this helps avoid accidents, especially with those who ride down the hill 'side saddle'.
ski holidays
Here are the current official headwear embarrassement ratings, as regulated by those who care . . .

Helmet + Goggles = Cool
Helmet + Shades = Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed
Beanie + Goggles = Cool
Beanie + Helmet + Goggles = Cool NehNeh
Beanie + Shades (arms on the outside) = Cool
Beanie + Shades (arms on the inside) = Embarassed
Headband + Shades (arms on the inside)= retro Cool
Headband + Shades (arms on the outside)= retro Embarassed Embarassed
Shades with neoprene/adjustable straps = Embarassed
Flowing locks + Shades = Cool
Flowing locks + Goggles = Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed
Bald heads + Tan + Shades = Cool
Bald heads + Spots/Comb-over/Rash + Shades/Goggles Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed
Beanies + pom pom = Cool (under 40's only, if over 40 then Embarassed Embarassed)
Beanies - pom pom = Cool (over 40's only, if under 40 then Embarassed unless gnarly mountain man or semi retired swedish female model in which case NehNeh)
Helmet liners + Helmet = Cool
Helmet liners without helmet = Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed (unless you are over 60 and or/bald in which case Cool Cool Razz)
snow report
Quote:

@JamesN, Are you Italian or a Russian Oligarch? is you are then that's ok, if not......
snow conditions
@Belch,

I appreciate your work but have to question:

Quote:

Beanie + Shades (arms on the outside) =
Beanie + Shades (arms on the inside) =

I think you've got them the wrong way round........
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy