Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Centre Parcs Germany - Winterberg

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
A pal has just returned from a half term week in Centre Parcs, Germany near the small ski hill/resort of Winterberg

A family of 4, 2 bedroom accommodation, it's 10 miles from the hill which although having only a 200 metre vertical has an extensive lift system with lots of pistes.

At 800 odd metres it's not snow sure but they had loads, but get this, a family of 4, Centre Parcs, close to a ski centre, half term for €679.

260 miles from Rotterdam, unfortunately to low for Easter but next Feb Half Term, I've already booked.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@up4it, great tip , my son just going to book for late january next year snowHead
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
If you anything better than an intermediate, I find it difficult to imagine being amused there for more than one day.

I can do a day trip there, and I never do... it just seems to far to drive, for the skiing you get back for it.

But when my kids were little, we did have some nice weekends there... snow is totally unreliable though...
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Centre Parcs UK is £979 for 4 days on the same week.

It's worth the gamble, I'll take the MTBs as well though

My lad is 10, if there is snow, it'll be fantastic for him
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I was there last week. The centre is the Landal brand and has a nice new six seater lift to make it part of the area. See my recent trip report called 'Neuastenberg by Winterberg'
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Great report, I think for £500 for 3 of us next half term you can't do any better, Centre Parcs has plenty do if the snow is not there
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
This seems like a great tip - thanks for sharing!
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Mmmm, the Appartment in Chatel we rented last Easter holiday for 500 euro, is 1000 Euro for the week in half term. For 6 people, walk to the lifts (up some steps). Same sort of drive as winterberg to get to, but the whole of the PDS to ski in. I know where I would go.

I've only been in winterberg in summer, to use the bike park as we also mtb. There is not much point bringing the mtb in winter as winterberg is not open for bikes that time of year, even if there is no snow to ski.

I think I would drive to winterberg from my mums for a days skiing (she lives 3.5 hours drive away), but I would not go there for the week. Skiing is pretty limited, from what I could make out when riding there this summer. In summer, PDS has left us with plenty unexplored runs even after riding there in summer for the past 5 years (with kids, I admit). Winterberg was a great day out last summer (we drove there for the day when staying with my mum), but that's it.

I'd say winterberg won't keep you entertained for more than a weekend (at a push).

Simone
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
For the curious the Ski Karussel lift pass that is centred on Winterberg also covers a half dozen little hills nearby. Add in Willingen and you have a mini safari for a weekend or so. It is not the Alps, it is a change.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy