Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Where to weekend ski from Munich 3rd March

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Based on current snow conditions/forecast where would those in the know recommend for a weekend?

Thinking max 2hr 30min driving time.

Arriving Thurs 3rd evening, leaving Sun 6th.

Both good skiers, ideal would be a place with some challenging runs wether that be bumps, itineraries etc.

The Arlberg is out as skied that loads. I do wonder whether the extra drive to ischgl would be worth it for better snow depths based on some searching around last week.

Cheers,

Greg
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Try Fieberbrunn, with Hinterglemm, Saalbach and Leogang.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Mayrhofen? Probably at the limit of your drive time though.

Quote:

I do wonder whether the extra drive to ischgl would be worth it for better snow depths based on some searching around last week.

Yes it would IMV Very Happy
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
If you're prepared to take the extra 40 minute hit then also maybe consider Serfaus-Fiss-Ladis. Great ski area with everything you're looking for. Not many Brits seem to go there for some reason.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks, Mayrhofen snow not looking brilliant from what I can read??

@espri, struggling to find hotel accom on the "official" website, any recommended hotels that would do a short break? preferably close to the slopes??

Flights land at 8:35pm so we are thinking 2hr 30 max is probably realistic to not arrive much past midnight after getting bags,hire car etc etc
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Just got back from the Zillertal Valley yesterday and the snow was great in Mayrhofen - snowed pretty much every day.

Was a bit warm on some afternoons but anyone saying the conditions are bad must be mad.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@Kingofthec, ah cool, thanks for that!!

This was from the 12th Feb on the Mayrhofen thread
Quote:
pistes are okay, but really patchy off to the sides. Fair play, they do a good job with the limited snow they've had. So on days 2-3 we got the bus to Hintertux
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
The hotels nearest to the pistes in Fieberbrunn are the Austria Trend Alpine Resort and the Sporthotel Fontana. The Hotel Hoch Tirol is also close to the lifts, though not directly reachable on skis. More a mountain hut/restaurant in the middle of the ski area is the Lärchfilzhochalm and it offers rooms, I believe. That might be difficult to reach late at night - you need to be collected by a sort of piste basher with cabin. I don't know if any of these offer short lets.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy