Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

First-timers to Obergurgl

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
We're off to Obergurgl for the first time at the beginning of April and have a couple of questions..

The web site says there's an Ice Rink, some pictures show this as being an outdoor rink but there's an interactive map that points to a large flat roof building ?? Either way I cant find any idea of opening or closing dates, so my first question is - from experience is this likely to be open still first week of April ?

Second question is similar re the night skiing - is this also likely still to be running that late in the season ?

Only 6 weeks to go now, cant wait. The last 3 years we've been to France and it will be good to get back to Austria ( and first time to Obergurgl so that adds to the excitement).
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
mikeh wrote:
We're off to Obergurgl for the first time at the beginning of April and have a couple of questions..

The web site says there's an Ice Rink, some pictures show this as being an outdoor rink but there's an interactive map that points to a large flat roof building ?? Either way I cant find any idea of opening or closing dates, so my first question is - from experience is this likely to be open still first week of April ?

Second question is similar re the night skiing - is this also likely still to be running that late in the season ?

Only 6 weeks to go now, cant wait. The last 3 years we've been to France and it will be good to get back to Austria ( and first time to Obergurgl so that adds to the excitement).

Not sure about night skiing. It's one day a week - but presumably as Obergurgl runs late in the season it may well still be running.

I will be able to answer both questions mid March as I'm off there then. Went last year. It's not difficult, it's not big, but it is SO uncrowded. Never a queue. And great not to be looking at snow reports for weeks before...
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
"Opposite of the old St. Bernhard's mountaineers chapel and a spacious ice rink nestles into the Obergurgl mountain slope. During the days ice skaters can float across the ice and enjoy the view of the glacier giants and in the evening the rink is floodlit."

Rink is obviously outdoor!

Night skiing seems to end at the end of March:

http://www.obergurgl.com/eventcalendar-winter?do=feratel&id=541

It does refer as well to Hochgurgl night skiing, but no dates for it given; good chance it ends at the same time. Too light?

http://www.obergurgl.com/eventcalendar-winter?do=feratel&id=703
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy