Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Indoor Kids' Lessons

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
My daughter is four and has had a couple of weeks' lessons on snow as part of our annual ski holidays.

She likes the idea of carrying on with skiing on a regular basis so I looked into indoor classes at MK and Hemel. MK don't seem to do group lessons, only private lessons at £65 an hour and groups at Hemel are £35 an hour.

Maybe I'm being unrealistic but her swimming lessons were about £60 a term for an hour a week.

Am I missing something?!
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
There are a lot more swimming pools, supply and demand. Plus lot of council run pools help keep prices down.

Do you have a dryslope near to you if so check with them re price and also age limits as they are normally a lot cheaper than the fridges.

My daughter started at Ski Rossendale on a Griffin ski club special then on a Wednesday after school with ski Rossendale and these group open lessons where just £5 for at least 90 min but may have been 2hrs. This was last winter.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@narbs, membership will bring down the costs, and you can save massively on membership at hemel as a super snowhead (or Tea club member)

There's also 6 packs available over the summer months at hemel, this works out cheaper still and can be combined with membership.

Membership also gives you discount on food/drinks at hemel, so you can make back the cost of membership easily.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
It was a national policy to teach children to swim as too many drowned in rivers or our extensive coastline, so there's probably a govt subsidy somewhere. Not sure skiing would be supported like that.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
If you've been looking at Hemel and MK, look at Welwyn as an outdoor alternative. From what I've see at other comparable slopes, you'll pay about third or half the price for about half the number or kids in each class.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Thanks all - will definitely have a look at summer classes and Welwyn.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@narbs,

Another option could be the Snowstars programme at Hemel; Saturday or Sunday morning from 8-10am; aimed at kids from 4-16 who are confident riding the Poma Lift and happy skiing down the main hill without following an instructor; i.e recreational standard.

Current pricing is 39GBP for each session or 29 for members; contact me via private message if you would like to discuss it further.

Last edited by Then you can post your own questions or snow reports... on Sat 20-02-16 1:38; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@scooby_simon, thanks Simon. She's not at that level yet but I'll certainly bear it in mind for later.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
At MK they do the Snoacademy for kids. Or if she gets a little better could start to go to Gravity Snowsports sessions - £35 for two hours.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy