Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Pozza, Val di fassa, Sella Ronda info

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I've recently booked a week in Pozza from 5th March. It was a good deal with a TO and I figured that Pozza is now a viable option to get round the Sella Ronda due to the new lift in Alba via the Buffeura area?

I have never skied in the aDolomites and there's so much to do. Please can anyone give me some tips as to the best areas to ski. It is just me (experienced skier) and my wife (good intermediate). We normally enjoy covering a bit of ground, taking in nice scenery and enjoying a tasty lunch. From what I have researched Arraba and Selva should be good for at least a day each and I feel that we should do at least one circuit of the Sella Ronda (which way round is best if we only get to do it once)?

Otherwise, is it worth us heading away from the Sella Ronda to some of the other Val di Fassa areas? I've heard they can be quieter, with great scenery but would involve a bus trip.

Any advice would be gratefully accepted.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Take a look at this thread

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=123801&highlight=

Am sure the author could answer any questions you did have and the vids r filled with good stuff and looks like he has skied the area extensively.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@EdYarker,
Others know the area a lot better than I. But I was in the Val di Fassa for a week in January and loved it.
Personal highlights were going to the Marmolada and going across to Ortisei with the long run down.
The Sella Ronda itself was worth doing once but I felt no need to repeat and would not specifically plan to do it again if back in the area.
Fabulous area though, hope you enjoy it.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks for the replies (and the link Ster). Very useful. I've heard similar lake of enthusiasm about the Sella Ronda T.Bar, but I just feel we should do it once to tick the box.

I've just realised that I have posted this on the weather thread (durr!) so may repost elsewhere, but since I'm here, how is the snow looking in the Dolomites? Anyone out there at the moment?
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
EdYarker wrote:
Thanks for the replies (and the link Ster). Very useful. I've heard similar lake of enthusiasm about the Sella Ronda T.Bar, but I just feel we should do it once to tick the box.

Absolutely, you should do it once, it orientates you and gives wonderful different views of the Sella massif.
It's just that I wouldn't personally do it a second time. A lot of the runs are short and bitty and the main circuit is fairly busy.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Don't forget the local ski area - not big, but worth trying - Perra/Viggo di Fassa

I am sitting in Alba (di Canazei) right now, just returned from an overnight stay in Refugio Lagazoui. As you are a bit away in Possa you could try an overnight stay in one of the huts in the 5Torri area.
http://www.5torri.it/rifugio-averau/?lang=en
http://www.rifugiolagazuoi.com/indexUK.php
http://www.rifugioscoiattoli.it/
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
This may be of some use - The Val di fassa one is about a day doing teh Panorama around Pozza.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXQ1SjGyOgNOvgFa-1IQR6A
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Quote:

Absolutely, you should do it once, it orientates you and gives wonderful different views of the Sella massif.
It's just that I wouldn't personally do it a second time. A lot of the runs are short and bitty and the main circuit is fairly busy.

Exactly that. Do it early in your trip and then enjoy quiet crowd free skiing the rest of the week Happy. Don't be afraid to try the smaller areas that are not linked in to the main system, you'l lhave them to yourself. It might mean a bus ride or even a taxi, but it's well worth it.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@cameronphillips2000, I watched all 3 of your videos last night. They were really informative and perfect for the area we are travelling to. Looks like we are in a really good spot.
@sah, I intend to get round the Sella Ronda (anti clockwise) on the Monday after we get there. Hopefully this will give us some orientation and might help decide which areas we want to explore later in the week, but by the look of it we are quite spoilt for choice even just in the Fassa valley.
@Hyst, that hut looks awesome, but we are already booked in for 7 nights HB so maybe we will try something like that next time. Cheers for the tip about Perra/Viggo di Fassa. Looks like a re really nice little area on our door step.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy