Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

TO's for single bookings

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
All,

I have a mate that is wanting to tag along to my next trip. We are booked in to a Chalet with Crystal. The only way he can get in the same place is to pay for the room as they dont offer discount on single's. Anyone got any ideas how he can avoid hefty single supplement?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@chrisrawles, find a partner quickly? Tinder?
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
In that situation, where you have already booked into a chalet, he really can't. Unless he can, as suggested above, find somebody to share with.

In general, the only way to avoid single supplements is to find properties which don't have them in the first place, or to book accommodation directly rather than through a TO, but the latter doesn't work with chalets where the TO takes the whole chalet for the season.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@chrisrawles, He could risk it and wait until the last minute then make them an offer if there is still a spare room.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@SFR_, This is my suggestion. Even the hotels that have a reduced single person supplement are still coming out the same price as the chalet. I guess it depends how much he wants to spend vs how much he really wants a trip away.

I know TO's have budgets to work to etc, but if you are a singleton just wanting to get away you really do get stung for it.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@chrisrawles, always one of my bugbears but I can see the point of hoteliers/chalet companies, especially in ski areas where they make the bulk of their income during 3 months of the year. Full occupancy means maximum income. Deducting money for an empty bed they can't otherwise sell is income down the drain. To be honest I don't begrudge paying the full room rate if I'm occupying a room that would otherwise be used by two people. But I really don't like paying a supplement for a single room, some of which are little more than a cupboard with a bed in. Also some of the TO supplements work out more than the cost that two full paying passengers would pay, including flights! The supplement should really only be the room rate cost so that the hotelier is not out of pocket for having an empty bed.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@under a new name, Brilliant.

Have you spoken to Crystal. I went to VDI last year in a triple room so no supplement. Could you change chalet? Would you want to?
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@queen bodecia, Well i worked out that even if he went to a hotel with B&B by the time you add in lunches and evening meals and some beer you can kiss goodbye to 50 euro a day easily. Which then adds up to paying for the room in the Chalet. I guess its just sit tight and hope no bug books the room.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
It might be worth calling Crystal and offering to 'share a twin'. Some will allow this and work on the principle that there will be someone else in the same position or you may be lucky and get the room for a much reduced price. I did this with Mark Warner a few years back, I did end up sharing but avoided paying a big single supplement. This might be easier at the last minute.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@Mike-H, At the moment Crystal are not moving on the 100% supplement. Maybe if that room is still going a week before departure they might do something. I mean something is better than an empty room.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I take it he has looked for alternative accommodation in the resort through crystal? Alternatively homeaway/airbnb for a cheap studio?
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Why not try to get a snowhead to share?
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy