Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Train to Kitzbuhel

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hello everyone, fist time posting here so be gentle Very Happy

Looking to go to Kitzbuhel on 4th March, but am toying with the idea of taking the train instead of flying. This involves getting the Eurostar from Waterloo to Brussels and then changing trains which would take us into Kitzbuhel itself. Journey time is around 12 hours, but this wont require transfers from airport and no problems about baggae allowance. It's also something a bit different as I haven't been through the Euro tunnel before.

Has anyone done this type of journey before? Is the train station in Kitzbuhel handy enough so we can carry baggage from station to hotel (no hotel booked yet).
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
iaind, welcome to snowHeads snowHead
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Elizabeth B wrote:
iaind, welcome to snowHeads snowHead

Thanks Elizabeth. Been lurking here for far too long, thought it was about time I posted something Very Happy
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
iaind, Welcome to snowHeads too - the train station at Kitzbuhel is pretty close to the centre of the town (and most of the main hotels) and right next to the main gondola. Have never done the journey myself but you do see a number of skiers who take the train in every morning from outlying areas. Good luck with your journey. snowHead
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
iain, here's a town map of the resort.
The place has grown quite a bit, over the years, so you'll need to know where your accommodation is placed. In the Alps many hotels pick up clients from stations as a courtesy, maybe free, so check whether that courtesy is provided.

Have a great time - it's the first place I ever skied, in 1959!
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
The main station in Kitzbuhel is not great for walking to hotels, although you could, but it's a very short cab ride from most. Your hotel may lay on a minibus if you're lucky/rich.

The Hahnenkammbahn station is closer to most hotels, but I think that only local trains stop there.

I'd be interested to know the cost of training it.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
richmond wrote:
The main station in Kitzbuhel is not great for walking to hotels, although you could, but it's a very short cab ride from most. Your hotel may lay on a minibus if you're lucky/rich.

The Hahnenkammbahn station is closer to most hotels, but I think that only local trains stop there.

I'd be interested to know the cost of training it.

I was using this website to check prices, can be done for £199 return. http://www.europeanrail.com/austrian-alps-offer1.htm

Still not guaranteed to be going by train, topic came up when one person said he'd taken snow train to France so the idea about taking the train to Austria kind of stuck with us.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
iaind, my mum has been to Westendorf by train - which is quite close to Kitzbuhel, she would have done it in the summer where I think a second change is required. She doesn't like flying and seemed to enjoy the train trip but hasn't shown much enthusiasm for doing it that way again.

Welcome to snowHeads snowHead
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
iain, this site is extremely interesting for European rail travel tips, fares and connections:
www.seat61.com
It gives an overnight connection to Kitzbuhel via Paris and Munich, though your Brussels route might be better if it's direct.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy