Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

LECH - Ski Hire and Restaurants?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
(reposting from the Snow Report thread)
Hi everyone! I'm going back to Lech after 3 years this Saturday and I'm wondering where we may hire skis at reasonable prices. The last time I was there, I was able to find cheap options for just about everything, but ski hire seemed tricky... Any tips?

Also, is there any place on the slopes where we may eat authentic and reasonably priced food instead of €30 entrecots and the like? Wink This was another weak spot the last time...

Thanks a lot, counting the days!
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@nobrainbcn, Hotel Cresta in Oberlech for lunch (last place on the right as you ski through), our favourite. We're there too at the weekend, over the hill in Warth. Can't help re ski hire. Enjoy Very Happy
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Sportalp, Strolz and Pfefferkorn are the big rental companies, with similar prices.
New is Skibex, near the church. Supposedly a bit better prices.

Cresta is one of our favorites as well, with nice pasta's 10-15 euro.
Formarin is good too, piste nr 62
Hotel Salome has a -very unLech- selfservice restaurant. Never been though Very Happy
Ambrosius (in the village, next to Rufikopf station) is open for lunch as well with some of the most reasonable prices in Lech.
Hotel Omesberg, at the end of the Madloch-Lech (not Zug!) piste is excellent at very good prices
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Last time you were there the link to Warth wasn't open. It is now and it's well worth using. Get yourself over to Warth at least a couple of days. Great skiing, usually less busy than Lech and the lunch prices seemed better value. The place down at the Korbersee is good, as is the hotel at the bottom of the Jaegeralpbahn and the Punschhutte.

In Lech my favourite lunch place is the Italian (pizza) place next to the bottom of the Oberlech cablecar.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@Valkyrie, Ssshhhh......don't mention Warth.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Definitely worth visiting the Salome on the piste beside the Schlegelkopf chairlift for good reasonably priced food. Salome has two separate areas for eating, same food in both but one is self service & the other full service, take your pick. Ski hire-you are pretty much restricted to the main players, Strolz ect. There is a Sport 2000 near the Schloskopf lift but not sure if their prices are any different. Do visit Warth/Shrocken. Great skiing on piste and great to ski to off piste now you can come back on the gondola.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@Old Man Of Lech,
Sounds like you are mixing up Schlosskopfbahn and Schlegelkopfbahn again!
Schlegelkopf =quad chair, villagecentre
Schlosskopf = antique double chair, north of village

Salome is near Schlosskopf
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
As soon as I re-read that I realised it. Doh.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy