Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

PdS, worth the full pass for 2 days?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi all.

I have just booked 2 days in Morzine on the 8th march and as the title suggests, is it worth the extra for the full pass? I am just going to research the price difference, if its tiny i will buy it anyway. But i dont want to spend all day on the lifts.
Another question please. As an adventurous beginner, is there any runs you highly recommend for me?
Also after any ideas for a solo traveler regarding meals and a few beers in the evening.

Thank you.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@blockzzz, as a beginner you really won't need more than Morzine/Les Gets.

Beers - Bec Jaune, Dixie, Rhodos, Tibetan.

Bec Jaune good food. Also Mammas for take away.

Last edited by Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person on Mon 15-02-16 22:14; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Is your accommodation the Les Gets side or the Avoriaz side? Or in the middle? Might make a difference as to which pass you choose.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Unless you have some really good reason to get over to Chatel or Switzerland, no it is not worth it.

I'd suggest buying a day pass for Morzine/Let Gets, then if you really feel like a change (I doubt it), the second day you could get a day pass for Avoriaz instead. Each sector is huge you won't get bored even if you were an expert skier.

I recommend what I call the Rosta bowl in the Chavannes sector in Les Gets, there are plenty of great short-ish runs off both side and you always end up back in the same place so you don't need to worry about map reading.

There are loads of Restaurants in Morzine, none that I know are super cheap (this is France) but I haven't had a bad meal yet. It is a nice town, have a walk around and pick somewhere that looks inviting, then report back to tell us what it was like, it is boring if all us Snowheads keep going back to the same places!
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thank you all.
I am stopping at Apex b&b in Morzine.
I am still after a lift map, just to do some planning, and as i dont have a great record going up hill on a tow/drag lift thingy!!

Cheers for the advice, any more welcome.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Some one else may confirm this but from my days in the distant past the Avoriaz pass included the Prodain cable car which allowed you to get to Avoriaz from Morzine.

If snow conditions are poor Avoriaz may be the better bet.

However I do know that they have put in new lifts since my last visit so high North facing stuff may be accessible from Morzine/Les Gets.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
definitely seconding Bec Jaune for good food and good beer, especially if you like real beer (think the brewer there was brewer at The Kernel brewery in London? or one of the others nearby).
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@blockzzz, from the Apex there's an argument that you might want to get a bus round to Ardent and do all your skiing from there - which means an Avoriaz pass.

I've no idea what you mean by beginner but the return run from the Linga side is not completely straightforward so you may find life more pleasant starting out on the Lindarets plateau and maybe trying out the blues on the Avoriaz side once competent/comfortable.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Thank you.
I better study exactly where i can ski on each seperate pass to determine whether i want to stick to the 'local' Morzine/Les Gets, or bus it to Ardent.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@blockzzz, The Apex looks to be a good 5 minute walk from the Passerelle (bridge) to Morzine center and that's another 10 minutes walk to the Pleney bubble. Unless they have a shuttle bus for you.

So bussing to Ardent isn't a terrible idea. Equally, an Avoriaz pass and spending your forst hours on Super Morzine isn't terrible either.

You want to check out the bus routes.

Of course, I am thinking like a skier. You're in board boots and only have a board to carry.

And in fact, renting from one of the shops at the bottom of Pleney where you can leave your kit overnight with boots on driers menas you're walking that in ordinary shoes. e.g. http://www.fbfreeride.com/index.php?lang=en
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Thank you.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@blockzzz, we have a bus service to Pleney(Lign D) or Ardent (Lign M) from 400mts away on the main rd. 6 mins walk to Super morzine t/c.
Map http://images.google.fr/imgres?imgurl=http://snowbrains.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/

Do one day each side, have a look around each area.
You arrive at 15.30, I meet a 16.40. So will be home just after you get there and can give you lots of advice as can Nina(management). Unless you wait for me in which case we can talk in the van.

I may have a few hours and be able to take you up for a short orientation around part of the area. Not guiding of course, lord forbid I should offer such a service !!! rolling eyes
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Great advice Paul thank you.
Im still hoping to get an earlier transfer out of Geneva, would be nice to have a mooch around town in daylight, and im hoping i can go and sort my rental board out that evening so i dont have to do it the next morning. But sure would be great to pick your brains when you are back. And the little orienteering offer sounds awesome, I hope we can make that happen. Thank you.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@blockzzz, sounds like you are in good hands.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Yes it does, which as a newbie with lots of questions is a big result.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy