Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Stag Doo suggestions

Poster: A snowHead
Hi,

Sorry if this ones been done before but I couldnt find any suitable thread.

Anyway, What resorts / countries would people recommend for my stag doo on the 12th March.

It needs to be as cheap as possible with decent cheap apres and snow would be quite nice too.

Was thinking Andorra as I have the impression its very cheap compared to France or Austria, is that right or have I got the wrong end of the stick?

Ive been to Bulgaria before which I said Id only return to for a stag doo as it wasnt realy what Id call a ski resort and the snow was awful too.

Are there any hidden gems in the alps somewhere that Im missing?
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@medlington, well for apres it has to be Austria. Try Saalbach/Hinterglemm, there are plenty of cheap deals to be had. just check the snow report. The North facing side is fine but in March the South facing side needs skiing before lunch.

I stayed in Hinterglemm and the apres was great!! er what I can remember of it!!

ski area is good and the on the mountain restaurants are fab.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Solden ..
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
These are a great idea but are by no means cheap! I did mine in Val Thorens but that wasn't cheap!

I would agree that Austria is the best place to go for this. From my hazy memories then Sol or St anton would be options!.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I'd say Andorra too. Never been but I have been watching Brits on the piste. Check it out on catch up tv and you can see exactly what it's like, well the bars anyway Very Happy
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Andorra, the skiing isn't too challenging but the booze is dirt cheap. I was largely underwhelmed by St Anton, frankly couldn't see much difference between there and Andorra other than twice the price.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I believe, @medlington, that Livigno is also duty-free so cheap drinks. Seem to be reasonable transfers from various airports http://ski-livigno.com/airport-transfers-timetable/
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Never been but have mates that recommend Andorra as the beer is stupidly cheap.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Giffordpikes wrote:
I'd say Andorra too. Never been but I have been watching Brits on the piste. Check it out on catch up tv and you can see exactly what it's like, well the bars anyway Very Happy

Skiing looks underwhelming mind and as for the quality of Deadlock Dave's Snowboard instruction Shocked
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
@medlington, Kitzbuhel......stay in Kirchberg, cheaper
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Did a stag in Pas de La Casa ( Andorra ) about 13 years ago. Might be different now, but at the time seemed to hit all the right notes. At the time you could buy a gallon of whiskey for 12 quid.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
under a new name wrote:
I believe, @medlington, that Livigno is also duty-free so cheap drinks. Seem to be reasonable transfers from various airports http://ski-livigno.com/airport-transfers-timetable/

Not massively cheap in the places I ended up, seemed to be 4 euro a pint. The bottles from the supermarket were dirt cheap though, as long as you didn't want anything decent. All the single malts were about the same price as in the UK, but you can pick up a litre of Smirnoff for about 7 euros if you're so inclined.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Dave of the Marmottes wrote:
Giffordpikes wrote:

Skiing looks underwhelming mind and as for the quality of Deadlock Dave's Snowboard instruction Shocked

What's wrong with an ageing hippie giving terrible tuition for beer tokens?? It's like Glastonbury but with snow and less falafels Laughing
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Isn't the Andorra transfer a bit of a pain, esp for a weekend?
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Fly to Salzburg and hop on the bus to Saalbach.
snow report
Sauze doulx is pretty cheap and shorter transfer than Andorra. It had a reputation for lively apres but I found it a bit tame at least compared to ischgl and even livigno but still plenty enough. Lack of snow had been a problem, although think they've had a bit more snow recently so could be a good option
snow report
Giffordpikes wrote:
Sauze doulx is pretty cheap and shorter transfer than Andorra. It had a reputation for lively apres but I found it a bit tame at least compared to ischgl and even livigno but still plenty enough. Lack of snow had been a problem, although think they've had a bit more snow recently so could be a good option

There's a shock - you in a thread about bangin' apres wink

Oh wait, I'm here too.

Um.

Ischgl if you can afford it, but Saalbach is cheaper and still brilliant.
snow conditions
HoneyBunny wrote:
Giffordpikes wrote:

There's a shock - you in a thread about bangin' apres wink

Oh wait, I'm here too.

Um.

Exactly @HoneyBunny I am blaming you entirely for leading me astray Little Angel
latest report
Are you going for a week or a few days?

Pas does sound good for you but as someone mentioned its a pig of a transfer, not a problem if your going for a week but not so good for a weekend.
ski holidays
Mayrhofen or Söll also worth looking at, easy transfers from Salzburg. Ischgl would undoubtedly be best for a full on lads trip but you'd need a few Euros for partying there!!!
ski holidays
Tell him not to bother and just spend more on somewhere decent. Oops forgot to take my anti bitterness pill today!
latest report

@Giffordpikes, @HoneyBunny,
.... So tempting to post the full vid....
snow report
@andyman,

Are you pimping our services for singing at stag doos?? I do remember we were awesome.

Edit damn autocorrect I meant awful Laughing
ski holidays
Stag doo? Would have thought you'd find that on the ground in the woods.

Anyway +1 for Andorra. Sauze was great 25 years ago, haven't been since then, but I believe it still has that reputation
latest report
Cheers for the ideas guys, Im unsure yet if it will be for a week or a few days as suddenly half the people cant do a full week. Might be able to go for a week and the others can drift in and out as they please.

It sounds like for the week would be Andorra but if its only for a few days then maybe we can go somewhere more pricey as the beer fund wont need to last that long.

Id love to go to Austria as the Apres is right up my street
latest report
@medlington, do Pas de la Casa - cheap daily flights from many UK airports - 4/5 coaches per day to and from Barcelona El Prat/Girona/Lleida Airports for about £30 rtn and takes 2.5 - 3 hours no stops. Cheap accommodation available both S/C and half board, cheap ski hire and decent priced lift passes which can include all lunches on the mountain. Plenty of bars, clubs and cheap food & drink in resort. It's also a high altitude resort (2100m+ at the village base) with plenty of piste KM's so conditions in March should be fine, it could well be great.

Having said all that - if you can get solid commitments from all your mates and they don't mind spending a little - go to Ischgl - hands down my favourite week skiing/apres skiing ever. Saalbach would come a close second for me. Solden gets an honorable mention especially for stag do's.
snow conditions
@medlington, my stag is the same weekend (we travel thurs 10th to sun 13th) and we've gone for Innsbruck.
Loads of flights, no transfer required, skiing accessible directly from town, and it's a proper city so plenty to do when not skiing.
And it's not extortionate.
snow conditions
@jellemr, Boom! that's the way to go. Innsbruck is a great choice and there are loads of resorts within 1 hour transfer if you prefer the mountain village vibe, which is better IMO. Austria wins hands down!
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
http://www.deapresskihut.nl/?lang=en
snow conditions
stanton wrote:

Pull the udder one.
snow report
stanton wrote:

It does not look like the English go there, the photos just seem to show young people having a good time.
snow conditions
medlington, cancel your Stag, and use the money to buy your lovely lady a bigger diamond Smile
latest report
jellemr wrote:
@medlington, my stag is the same weekend (we travel thurs 10th to sun 13th) and we've gone for Innsbruck.
Loads of flights, no transfer required, skiing accessible directly from town, and it's a proper city so plenty to do when not skiing.
And it's not extortionate.

that doesnt sound like a bad idea atall, it means those who can only come for a couple of days can and the rest of us can stay on for the week.

Are there any runs in Innsbruk itself? I always just thought of it as an airport city. Is there any public transport to the nearby resorts too or would we need car hire
latest report
@medlington, myself and @jellemr spoke about that here a few weeks back: http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=120463

From the bottom of the first page onwards there should be some useful info of you.

Quick answer: There is a lift from the city centre going up to Nordkette, but Nordkette is mainly an offpiste ski area (small park, two pistes). It's also a cool place for a beer on your first afternoon, up on the mountain overlooking the city - especially if the igloo party is on that evening.

Public transport is easy to many resorts, ranging from 15 minutes on the bus to Patscherkofel to 1 hour on the train to St Anton (Kitzbühel is probably about the same distance).

But there should be lots of useful info on the thread I link to above. Be aware that while there's plenty of partying in Innsbruck, there is no 'apres ski' in the city, only at the resorts.
latest report
@medlington, we have much to thank @clarky999 for, he was full of great info and tips, where to ski, where to drink etc etc.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy