Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Night skiing

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
A busy weekend with the kids, good conditions on sheltered slopes and an unexpected burst of evening enthusiasm post-bedtime stories:

Night skiing from Simon Christy
https://vimeo.com/155250554

(No it isn't quite up to 'Afterglow' standards but hey...)
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Very Nice! Better viz than I had this weekend during the day Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
When I read the OP I jumped to the conclusion that you'd taken the kids out after stories!

Enjoyed that. Little Angel
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Nice, quite decent light from the headtorch too.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@Mosha Marc, Petzl Nao, brilliant thing. The Ultra is even brighter but more bulky... First time I've tried the Nao for night time off pisteing - well impressed.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Has anyone tried using mountain bike lights with a helmet mount? You can get smallish lights putting out a hell of a lot of lumen.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
pam w wrote:
When I read the OP I jumped to the conclusion that you'd taken the kids out after stories!

Give it another couple of years (actuaslly at the current rate of enthusiasm a bit more than that...!).

Mosha Marc that conjures up some images of quite 'outlandish' headgear! Happy A powerful headtorch is more than enough for 99% of night ski situations I would say.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@Mosha Marc, I use a 2000 lumen light on a helmet, it comes with bike or headtorch straps. You can adjust the power and it has a very wide beam, vital if you want to ski at a decent pace. The only thng with a helmet mounted light is that it tends to hide shadows in front of you. Some skiers wear a waist mount with a smaller head unit, that set up lets you see the contour shadows ahead of you instead of them being mosty hidden from your line of vision.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@Scarpa, 2000 lumen - yikes! - the Nao is only 575 at max... To be honest that was absolutely fine - even Sat night skiing steepish powder with a few pillows and the odd tree... Its quite nice to feel like you are skiing in a little 'bubble'.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Change of gear sponsor noted
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I was thinking more like one of these
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@Mosha Marc, i reckon those would start to feel quite heavy, particularly with a helmet mount (extra mass further away from usual CoM of head etc...). Interesting concept to have 2 mounted on different 'locations' to create a bit of shadow differentiation...
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@offpisteskiing, it's a bit Heath Robinson, but it fits on

snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy