Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski club gb

Poster: A snowHead
I think it may be time to throw the towel in with the ski club gb. After being a member for many years mainly for snow reports and resort info, and also making use of the discounts etc I am now not sure it's worth the money.
I don't think the snow reports have ever been accurate, whenever we have been away the conditions we experienced and those reported are miles apart, most of the discounts available can be obtained in other ways and now the new 'updated' resort info, I read what they had to say about Saalbach, claims there is a gondola to Zell am Zee from Viehofen, and also the resort closes on the 15th of March. I'm pretty sure that both these pieces of information are a bit wide of the mark to say the least. Not read any other resort info as not as familiar with them as Saalbach but it doesn't bode well.
This information could massively influence someone's decision to go, or not go as the case may be.
Anybody else with the same thoughts?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@summerseat, I threw in the towel some years ago. Much better information right here. Cool

Last edited by Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person on Sun 14-02-16 16:42; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
summerseat wrote:

This information could massively influence someone's decision to go, or not go as the case may be.?

I wouldn't have thought so - I'm sure even the most trusting and loyal Skiclublieber knows how to use the resources of the internet to fact check their drivel. Best snow in the 1970s and all that back when they employed proper journalists to impart wisdom wink
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Quote:

Anybody else with the same thoughts?

For a long time now. I know quite a few people who used to be members but decided it wasn't worth it.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Pruman wrote:
I know quite a few people who used to be members but decided it wasn't worth it.

I think we all know one person who would love to be a member but they won't have him wink
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
stewart woodward wrote:
Pruman wrote:
I know quite a few people who used to be members but decided it wasn't worth it.

I think we all know one person who would love to be a member but they won't have him wink

The greatest living snowsports journalist? The man who introduced skateboarding, snowboarding and the multi-speed vibrator that has an attachment into the UK?
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
So its a non-inclusive club?
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
ie discriminating
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
What's happen to him? Haven't seen a post in his own name or one of the many nom de plume for a while now.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
@summerseat, at the risk of sounding biased, I'd suggest you save the membership fee and put half of it towards a super/mega-snowHead subscription here.
A lot of the stuff you describe above is, of course, free to access at snowHeads but we can't do it all without a little support Wink
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Quote:

What's happen to him?

to who? scuse ignorance.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Gaza wrote:
What's happen to him? Haven't seen a post in his own name or one of the many nom de plume for a while now.

He's busy being a 'Journalist', sorry cut & paste bod, on FB.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Pruman wrote:
So its a non-inclusive club?

Anyone can join and anyone can get kicked out if they publicly accuse those in charge of criminal activity.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Pruman wrote:
ie discriminating

On the grounds of what?
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Quote:

criminal activity

Are you saying the club has been accused of criminal activity? That kind of thing doesn't normally happen without some grain of truth. So, a guess, this bloke has unearthed something and been hounded out establishment style?
snow conditions
Pruman wrote:
Quote:

criminal activity

Are you saying the club has been accused of criminal activity? That kind of thing doesn't normally happen without some grain of truth. So, a guess, this bloke has unearthed something and been hounded out establishment style?

Yeah, right. The same bloke accused admin of tax evasion without a grain of truth/evidence.
ski holidays
Please no a discussion even less enlightening than helmets.
ski holidays
Quote:

tax evasion

Is that the criminal activity?
snow report
T Bar wrote:
Please no a discussion even less enlightening than helmets.
quite
snow conditions
Pruman wrote:
Quote:

What's happen to him?

to who? scuse ignorance.

David Goldsmith and his many other registered names.
snow conditions
@Pruman, go and do a search on Ski Club and/or posts by Gerry..... or on Tax evasion. All will become clear then you will know who it is and be able to further search for posts by him and his sock puppets. I warn you it will suck the life out of you
ski holidays
Pruman wrote:
Quote:

tax evasion

Is that the criminal activity?

No, he never accused the Ski Club of tax evasion, only snowHeads received that honour.
snow report
OK thanks all. I recall seeing that name before and the tax evasion thing. Although I have to go watch some paint dry, normally when accusations that serious are bandied around the accuser must have some certainty they are not committing libel.
snow report
Pruman wrote:
OK thanks all. I recall seeing that name before and the tax evasion thing. Although I have to go watch some paint dry, normally when accusations that serious are bandied around the accuser must have some certainty they are not committing libel.

Unless they are 'unwell' or maybe have not a penny to their name.
ski holidays
Pruman wrote:

Really? How many private individuals do you know who would be able to afford underwriting a libel case through the courts.
ski holidays
achilles wrote:
Pruman wrote:

Really? How many private individuals do you know who would be able to afford underwriting a libel case through the courts.

I know loads, but not personally. Wink
latest report
@achilles, wasn't saying that. I'm saying that when someone comes out with serious allegations of that nature they normally wouldn't do it unless they have evidence. Virtually nobody can afford a libel case.
snow report
Ha ha, well that went well, slightly off topic!
@admin good advice, that's where my money will be going, thank you.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Pruman wrote:
@achilles, wasn't saying that. I'm saying that when someone comes out with serious allegations of that nature they normally wouldn't do it unless they have evidence. Virtually nobody can afford a libel case.

Virtually nobody can afford to be a plaintiff.
snow conditions
@achilles, either. Costs aren't normally awarded.
ski holidays
Pruman wrote:
@achilles, either. Costs aren't normally awarded.

Gobshite, anonymous forum members shooting their mouths off can be a problem though. Mumsnet came unstuck a few years ago, if I remember rightly, when their members libelled a well known/celebrity child expert. There was an out-of-court settlement.

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Sun 14-02-16 19:43; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
Back to summerseat's original post, yes I was a SCGB member for many years, and did sometimes make use of the resort reps/leaders/(or whatever they currently choose to call them wink ) particularly when in a resort new to me, but decided not to renew my subscription as to be frank I get far more out of snowHeads and the Bashes. snowHead
ski holidays
Quote:

Mumsnet came unstuck a few years ago, if I remember rightly, when their members libelled a well known/celebrity child expert. There was an out-of-court settlement.

Which didn't dent their finances https://companycheck.co.uk/company/03951486/MUMSNET-LIMITED/financial-accounts
snow report
Quote:

Gobshite, anomalous forum members shooting their mouths off

exactly Laughing
snow conditions
Different peeps, different directions!

After many years of not joining up, in fact openly avoiding that possibility, I am happy to announce that as of last Tuesday, I am indeed now a member rolling eyes

I guess I should declare my hand and admit it was a very cost effective way of getting my hands on a tour ops 10% discount Toofy Grin
snow report
Pruman wrote:
Quote:

Gobshite, anomalous forum members shooting their mouths off

exactly Laughing

anomalous definition: "deviating from what is standard, normal, or expected." I guess any large forum will contain some deviants..... Shocked Toofy Grin
snow conditions
sequoiaboard wrote:
admin wrote:
@summerseat, at the risk of sounding biased, I'd suggest you save the membership fee and put half of it towards a super/mega-snowHead subscription here.
A lot of the stuff you describe above is, of course, free to access at snowHeads but we can't do it all without a little support Wink

^ This...and I could be considered unbiased. I took 10 years of being a member on here before doing my first bash and then subscribing.
snow report
andyman wrote:

After many years of not joining up, in fact openly avoiding that possibility, I am happy to announce that as of last Tuesday, I am indeed now a member rolling eyes

Splitter!!!
snow conditions
andyman wrote:

I guess I should declare my hand and admit it was a very cost effective way of getting my hands on a tour ops 10% discount Toofy Grin

Same here! It was worth the £34 to get 10% off.

I feel like I'm cheating on Snowheads though, will have to get mega'd up at some point! Embarassed
snow report
@HoneyBunny, ha! It was actually you that gave me the idea Embarassed
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy