Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

La Thuile / La Rosiere

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi. I am looking to ski from La Thuile to La Rosiere with luggage to then go down to Moutiers to meet some friends. Rather than take ski buses all around the Alps via Geneva airport, I am thinking about a quick ski across the link between La Thuile and La Rosiere, than bus/train down to Moutiers. Can anyone advise if the ski link between the 2 resorts is doable whilst carrying a large rucksack? And if so, what is the easiest ski route across. Many thanks.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
As long as you can sit on the lifts with the rucksack it's not a problem, as the skiing is fairly easy.

Only thing I would say is your taking a chance doing this as the link is often closed in high winds or heavy snow.

In terms of easiest way you only have one way over the link, then a long flat run to a lift that takes you the top of le fort, from le fort you can take easy blues to le eucherts.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
If you check the weather in advance, and it looks decent, then it sounds like a great plan.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Super, thanks for the suggestions/advice. Might give it a trial run next week. Worst case is the long route round. Looking to do this late March, so hopefully weather will be kinder then!
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
If I remember correctly it gets a bit flat in one section on the way back from La Thuile and in bad weather it can be a bit harsh or closed. Otherwise if your confident skiing with a heavy backpack and you can manage it on the lifts then it should be doable.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I guess you would sit with the pack on your lap on the chairlifts (as paragliders do - their packs are huge, if not particularly heavy).
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Good luck if you manage it.

There is a free ski-bus at the bottom of the Ecudets lift (I think only twice a day - lunchtime and evening) . That would take you to Bourg St Maurice train station and from there a train to Moutiers.

Problem would be the ski run down to the bottom of Ecudets with a heavy backpack - snow cover can be "missing" late March. But an alternative is to get the Ecudets lift down - as it is one of the designated pedestrian lifts.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Thanks all. Really good to hear that this isn't a completely madcap idea!
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Thanks all. Really good to hear that this isn't a completely madcap idea!
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Thanks all. Gave this a trial run last week. allowing one day to get over from La Thuile to La Rosiere, with overnight stay on the La Rosiere side and 1 day to get back. Weather was a bit bleak, but route was straightforward. And some great snow and skiing on the way. No problem with a back pack. Hardest part was booking a night's accommodation - (through the tourist office who were great) but had to stay down the valley towards Seez, could fortunately use local bus service to get there. All in all a great adventure!
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy