Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Couple (early 30s) looking for ski trip in March

Poster: A snowHead
Hello everybody!
We are couple in early 30s.Male is intermidiate and female early beginner skiers.Looking for a group
of people to Ski in March,long weekend or whole week!
Preferably somewhere with good snow,scenery and apres ski!
Being to Chamonix and Les Deux Alpes before.Like the idea of Italy(love coffee and their food) ,but anything considered.Never stayed in Chalet,may be this time the dream comes true! Ideally need a catered holiday,with close proximity to lifts ,bars/restaurants/nightlife.Not sure about the budget,but nothing expensive.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Singlesport has a room left in a beautiful chalet in Courchevel on 12 March. As this holiday includes ski lessons for all abilities it would be pefect for you except unfortunately it is the most expensive chalet complete with spa . Singlesport is really for solo travellers but as you need to ski in separate groups during the day it would work for you. We have 3 couples on the trip but all the rest are solos. please see details on the website
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Guess prices are per person and only for accommodation and full board catering? Flights,transfers(price mentioned on website),ski hire and passes are all separate? If so it will come to really heavy sum per person! Sad
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@dashurik, with just two of you, you could afford to wait for a last minute deal - just be flexible about your destination.

Courchevel is an expensive resort but there should be lots of other options.

For the best value option in France look at Action Outdoors, and tick the "twin rooms only" box on their booking page. Prices include full board, equipment, lift pass and (depending on the holiday) lessons. They have 4 day and 7 day options, too.

There are holidays in Flaine for that week.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
The price includes top class chalet catering,spa, transfers & lessons but yes it is expensive especially when you add flights & passes. Unfortunately it is the most expensive chalet, all the cheaper ones sold out first.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Pam! I was with action outdoors before. Didn't like they concept.I have to say I stayed in multi shared room and thats the reason I didn't enjoy it.May be twin room is different story.Also I found that it was way too much rush in the morning and when we were picked up from slopes.Like a bootcamp! Need something relaxing!
Stayed in Chamonix.Think it cost me £600 +flights and beer money!
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
What's your budget for your trip, @dashurik? Including flights, accommodation/catering, equipment hire (if you need it) and ski pass.

Will your GF need lessons?
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I would have thought you would get a decent chalet for £500-600 as a last minute deal. Have just picked up a week for 400 flights transfers and half board chalet. Ski total have holidays at 53in flakiness and 570 in Les arcs and they will get cheaper in the next 2 weeks.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Neilson have got half board Andorra Gatwick £475 & as Dan says they will probably drop further
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
skigirl21 wrote:
Neilson have got half board Andorra Gatwick £475 & as Dan says they will probably drop further

Well if you are in Andorra from the 13th I'll meet up with you for a ski for a day or 2 snowHead
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Sorry no I will be in Courch. I just looked up the Neilson site to try to find them a bargain. Enjoy Andorra
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
ski girl in not promoting her company shocker Very Happy
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
pam w wrote:
What's your budget for your trip, @dashurik? Including flights, accommodation/catering, equipment hire (if you need it) and ski pass.

Will your GF need lessons?

Yes,my wife needs a lessons! Would be great to ski in the group where somebody else needs lessons as a beginner.Budget wise,its difficult to say! But as i guide probably max £800 pp, all in,i mean everything including lessons.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
That's a pretty tight budget, and might be more doable if you self cater. But you never know - you can get some good last minute bargains.

If you have nobody to ski with when GF is in lessons you could take lessons too, at the same time, but obviously in a higher group.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
What are the cost of lessons usually in French Alps? I guess she will need at least 2-3 hours a day !Personal or a group lessons!Personal is better in terms she can have more individual approach,but group is more fun as you ski with like minded people and have a bit of banter!
ski holidays
@dashurik, possibility of a 5 or 6 day break in the B&B here in Morzine 13th/14th to 19th.
£325 pp for 5 nights. £343.20 pp for 6 nights.
Or can do 8th onwards up to 19th (number of days to suit).
£364 pp pw(two sharing), transfers €75 return per person from Geneva.
Check out the site below and contact Management(Nina) to see what she can offer.
We can help book lessons and passes too.
Lots of great food and entertainment in the evenings.
ski holidays
@dashurik, in my resort (Les Saisies) a course of 5 x 2 private lessons costs 315 euros and a similar length group course 85 euros (these are low season rates). It'll cost more, though, in a big resort and a whole heap more with one of the "British" ski schools.

I'd go for a group, if I were you.
snow report
pam w wrote:
@dashurik, in my resort (Les Saisies) a course of 5 x 2 private lessons costs 315 euros and a similar length group course 85 euros (these are low season rates). It'll cost more, though, in a big resort and a whole heap more with one of the "British" ski schools.

I'd go for a group, if I were you.

Thanks Pam! Decisions ,decisions!
Im thinking to book my March holidays at work and simply wait till last week before holidays commence and find good deals for a good price..Not fussy on destination ,just need good snow,Apres ski and hopefully a good company(if find good private group who need additional people).
latest report
@dashurik, If you are flexible with where you go getting a last minute deal with one of the main tour operators is definitely the way to go, you may even be able to get deals on lift passes / equipment rental & ski school. Cystal and Inghams are a good bet and if you would like a chalet Ski Total, don't be scared to ring them especially Ski Total who are not averse to reducing prices to fill spaces at the last minute.
snow report
Quote:

Im thinking to book my March holidays at work and simply wait till last week before holidays commence and find good deals for a good price

good idea. At that time the ski schools shouldn't be too busy.
ski holidays
Les Gets 5-12th March
http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=124301
latest report
i have a space.... 12th March in La Rosiere. I am looking for a couple or few solo skiers to make up a group in my chalet.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy