Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ahoy, 3V Experts!

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Looking at piste maps earlier, and notice that the Creux, off the top of the Saulire is not, in fact a red, but a blue. Have they smoothed it out or summat? Or are runs regularly appraised for difficulty?

Further, from a youtube I watched, whilst narrow in places, it appears quite gentle, in no place does it seem as steep as the steep bit of the Biche. Is that the case? I'm asking for a friend, ha ha. Thanks

CG
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Nope, not changed at all just a different colour on the map.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Same run, regraded, possibly a blue and a bit for steepness but wide, and busy!
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
And videos don't give an accurate perception of steepness generally.

Here is suisse (black near the entrance to creux)

http://youtube.com/v/ttyF2rujBrY&client=mv-vf-uk&safesearch=always&app=desktop

Not the steepest pitch but steeper than creux generally.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Fall-line gradient on the top half is probably similar in places to the steep part of Biche, and perhaps slightly steeper. But, unlike that straight pitch on Biche, on Creux there is generally more undulation across the fall line so by swapping from side to side of the piste (if not too busy) you can ease the gradient more.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Accurate description by @ecureuil, I think. I'd add that it's often busy and therefore seems to get chopped up a lot as the day wears on. Obviously on the cusp between Blue and Red in 3V.
I reckon if that piste was in EK it would always be graded blue. Likewise Chamonix and St Anton. Most other areas, eg Paradiski, Portes du Soleil, Les Sybelles, Alpe D'Huez etc it would be consistently graded red.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Can't recall where Biche is, but Creux definitely has some steep bits. It's so wide though that any cautious skier can just use the full width and be fine. Only downside really is that it gets mega busy at times, but if you get a quiet run then it's fantastic.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
They widened the top of the Creux a few years back before it was reclassified. Gradient the same as before.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
They also added snow cannons in the past couple of years. And one meaning for Creux in French is undulating or dips which describes it pretty well.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Thanks all, very informative as usual.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
It's a timing thing though. I have photos mid season of me on Creux and no-one else!

I love the scale and the views right from the top all the way down (until just before the village) , just a lovely place in the mountains.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
As @sev112, rightly says, Creux is all about the timing. It can be mobbed or you can find yourself alone on it.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I was in Meribel last week and skied into Courchevel several times . Creux is marked on the piste maps as red but on the mountain signs as blue. They have in my mind ruined it as it was a lovely run, but now there are so many people on it because its a blue its bedlam. Creux is steep in places though very wide and as previously mentioned the entrance has been widened. A lovely run if you find yourself alone on it.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@marksovereign, interesting comment that rings true, Creux seems much busier now. I love the lower section down to the lift with the trees on either side.

We were lucky enough to find ourselves on the Lac de la Chambre a few weeks ago on a Saturday. Groomed and nobody on it. What a joy, my gps clocked 99kph on that section. Not that I'm counting, just good to have a blast without worrying about other people. Very Happy
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy