Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Children home alone in a catered chalet?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
They will leave their kids unattended in the other chalet. The likelihood is there will be no problems. Just make sure your staff are nowhere in the vicinity, and that the guests know that. It's not for you to dictate how they look after their kids.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Actually I'd make it clear in writing to them I was leaving the chalet at Xpm and therefore would not be an adult on premises. Put in assumption that they will be supervising the children adequately.

Anything else you run the risk of somehow implicitly being in loco parentis, with all the attendant risks however remote - kid chokes, kids mess around and fall out of bunks, kids download Justin Bieber medley, kids hack N Korean nuclear button
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
My kids, left in that situation, would have tried to plan a group night sledging session. Not a bit safe....
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Must admit it would be regarded as entirely normal in a lot of places where I have been if the other chalet is literally two doors along.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Who supervises the kids whilst they are having their meal? If the chalet staff do it, I can see why the parents expect them to carry on until they, the parents, have eaten.

If parents do, tell them they must take their kids with them when they leave to eat in the other chalet.

I can't believe you can't solve this by just talking to them. Have a solution ready, ie, you are not qualified/prepared/contracted for childcare but you have someone you can call on who is, and it will cost x euros per hour. Otherwise, children must be collected by a certain time or you will deliver them to the other chalet. It's not rocket science.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Quote:

this would be regarded as normal in ahem......a Benelux country!

Stanton finally got his parents to take him on a skiing holiday, i thought he'd gone quiet, i guess they haven't given him the wifi password yet. Very Happy
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Ask them if they want to see the photos of their children that you took while you were bathing them.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
If i were you i would simply be up front and tell the guests that they are not allowed to leave their children in the chalet unsupervised and that you/our team aren't suitably qualified to supervise them..
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
It's not necessarily risky to leave a group of primary school age children with the chalet host to look after without agreement and consent... it's definitely rude, though.

Due to the circumstances of the families I have worked with as a tutor, I'm CRB checked in both the UK and France and also have signed my consent to the sort of background check that means there is NOTHING left to the imagination. Honestly it is full on! As a consequence I have happily babysat and tutored the children of our guests because I know I'm all covered, capable and I love that side of my work.

Would still not be happy about parents I didn't have some sort of relationship with leaving me in charge of their kids without a discussion
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy