Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Champoluc Ski hire

Poster: A snowHead
Does anyone have any recommendations of ski hire shops in or near to Champoluc please?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
As far as I can tell they're all at least OK.

We usually send friends to Ivan's - Tako Sports.

The one upstairs rents out Stöcklis which is always a nice thing.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
+1 to Tako Sports and Ivan's advice!
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
under a new name wrote:
As far as I can tell they're all at least OK.

We usually send friends to Ivan's - Tako Sports.

The one upstairs rents out Stöcklis which is always a nice thing.

Yes nice skis to have the opportunity to rent as you dont get them in many places it seems.

Where do you send your enemies?
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@ster, you don't want to find out Twisted Evil
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Toki sports under the hotel de champoluc are good, the boot room and boot warmers are first class, but ski servicing is not cheap.. I think last year it was 18 euros.
Frachey sports are just under the lift, boot warmer not very good, ie cold boots in a morning but dry !! Can get a bit busy in there if your changing. Ski service for wax snd edge is ten euro.
Theres also another place inbeyween but i cant remember its name but its next the the mini market, again servicing is about ten euro, .
Ive not rented skis from any of them but have been told theres nit much difference in cost.. As they all want the business.
All of them do free storage...
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@yorkshirelad, don't you mean "Tako" - not "toki"
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
+2 for Tako sports. Used them 2 years ago following a recommendation on here and quality of advice and equipment was excellent.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@yorkshirelad, a full ski service in Chamonix can top out over €50 ...
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
50 euro....!!! Thats why i wait untill i get to champoluc each january.. Used To service my own till i found it only cost ten euro... Couple of years ago they repaired the base on one ski and serviced them for 15 euros...
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
For warm boots use tako under the hotel, for convenience use Frachey sport under the lift, stairs take you out next to left office ..
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Mind you, @yorkshirelad, you are talking 50 yards or so of added convenience...

Better still, rent our apartment.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
My friends had good experience renting from Tako Sports and I had my skis services there. All good.

See if you can get a snowhead discount!
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@under a new name, bumping a thread as I will be looking for a place to get my skis serviced is there anywere you would recommend?. We are staying at the Hotel De Champoloc thanks.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Try the LA GLISSE next to the spar (CRAI) shop.. out of the hotel and go right... the Tako sports are not cheap even if you store your skis there !! the other place to try is next to the the lift at the bottom, To get to it there's a passageway next to La Glisse that leads up through the shop upto the lift... there is a ski-set place a few yards further on but not sure they service skis anymore...

we stay at the champoluc hotel every year... will be there on january the 14th...

Last edited by Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name: on Thu 15-12-16 14:15; edited 1 time in total
snow report
@yorkshirelad, so you store your skis away from hotel then at the lift station ??? Does hotel not have a ski room?.
snow report
@yorkshirelad, how do you find the hotel this is our first time..really looking forward to it as we love Italy for the people and the food always seems so friendly.
snow conditions
we store ours in the ski room in the hotel, but last year i also had a weeks stay at the couples hotel further down the village and Tako have a 'free' storage deal with the Couples and the Relais hotels..
ski holidays
Ah right great stuff just praying for more snow now even though the pistes are open it would be nice to venture off and around the place with a guide in decent conditions.
snow report
they used to advertise in the hotel for a day off-piste for 50 euro, they might be doing it again this season !, but there should be a fair bit to do up at indra even now.. @under a new name will know better but there's more pistes open now than there was in january last year...
latest report
Yep its not worrying me at all i will be glad to be skiing on anything and if there is a chance to get out with anyone that's a bonus.
ski holidays
if you are on your own go in the Lo Bistro bar opposite the hotel about 6pm each night.. plenty in there who may ski with you, plus free bar snacks !!
snow report
yorkshirelad wrote:
if you are on your own go in the Lo Bistro bar opposite the hotel about 6pm each night.. plenty in there who may ski with you, plus free bar snacks !!

Yorkshire lad's on the ball here. Lo Bistro is the best place in town for an aprez Aperol Spritz (or Bambardino if you dare!).
snow conditions
Sounds fun haha we will head down there and foolishly I probably will partake in a Bombardino or 2 Very Happy maybe.@under a new name, will join us.
latest report
Bistro... Top spot.. does not get going till about 5.30 then finishes about 7 when they start getting it ready to be a restaurant
ski holidays
@meandrew, in usual seasons maybe but we committed the schoolboy error of renting the apartment out for the whole season without reserving any time for ourselves... !
ski holidays
When you out though?
ski holidays
30 th till 7 th.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
It would be good to meet up if poss.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy