Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Saalbach Points Card for Beginners - Advice Needed

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi all

Off to Saalbach next week and can't wait looking at the snow forecast!

My question is around the lift pass points system they have there. I'm organising our group trip which contains a mix of complete beginners all the way up to seasoned skiers. I know the regular skiers will want to hit the slopes every day, so for them I'll be ordering the full 6 day lift pass. However the beginners are having 5 days of lessons with Skischule Saalbach, so I'm wondering which lift pass to get them?

I've heard about this 'top up' points card, but I'm not sure how many points would be sufficient for beginners having 5 days of lessons and 1 day of full skiing?

Has anyone had the group lessons with Skischule Saalbach and used the points card?

Any advice greatly appreciated!

Thanks
Jimmy
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@JimmyLo, Welcome to Snowheads.

You need to be clear about which ski school you have booked. www.skischule-saalbach.at is actually Fürstauer, which is one of the two 'big' ski schools in Saalbach. They have a good reputation and will advise you which lift pass to buy. Their beginners area is at the top of the Bernkogel gondola, so your mates will use a fair few points getting up there every day. If they progress quickly, my guess is that the 6-day ticket will be just as cost effective as points and a whole lot less hassle.

Confusingly, www.skischulesaalbach.at is Alpin Skischule and they are based on the outskirts of Hinterglemm, so if you are staying in Saalbach, they are not a good option in terms of location.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Hi @Quinton

Thanks for your reply!

Yes it's Fürstauer we have booked with.

They are simply recommending a points card to top up as we go. As you say, the Bernkogel gondola will take up 600 points alone over the 6 days before they've even got onto any other lifts.

Think I will opt for the 6 day pass just to save the hassle!

Many thanks
Jimmy
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@JimmyLo, if the difference is marginal I'd always prefer a full pass, especially for keen beginners. They need to be able to have a potter round after their lessons without worrying about how many points it's costing them.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy