Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Overnight Ski Service in resort

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I totally trashed my skis on the Birthday Bash. I'm not saying how it happened but they have some serious gouges in them and a deep repair that I did has fallen out. The edges are so blunt I could hardly ski on the last day. They need a base grind really badly. A brake is also broken but I think I can fix that myself.

I was going to get them serviced this week but no-one I spoke to could fit them in. I'm leaving for Austria on Friday and running out of time. I have two options; a) patch them up myself as best I can and get them done properly when I'm back or b) drop them into the hire shop on the first morning, snowboard that day and then have a fresh set of skis to play with for the rest of the week.

My question: How long does a shop in resort take to service skis? I've seen people have theirs done overnight but is this just an edge and/or wax or can they do a base grind in this time too? I would rather patch them up tonight at home rather than find they take a week to sort out in resort and have to patch them up in my hotel room. I've always serviced them myself and have no experience of what shops do.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Base grind doesn't take long at all, if they're good they'll easily be able to do it overnight. Don't bother patching them up, if you've got coreshots on the edges you'll need metalgrip anyway.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
The resort shops are pretty well geared up for doing overnight servicing, whatever you need done. I'm sure if you take them in you'll get a firm commitment on when you'll get them back.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Great, thanks. I think I'll still take my repair kit just in case. Off too google what a coreshot is now.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Don't worry about coreshots or big chunks out the base get that fixed when you can although you won't struggle in a resort they will fix it quick.. All the talk of skis falling to bits or water being absorbed is rubbish they will be fine. You might want to get em sharpened tho if its icy
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I could make a good job of repairing them, certainly good enough for my skiing. I couldn't ski on ice at all last Friday because they were so blunt so I think a good sharpen is priority. Saying that, they need a wax so I may as well fill the holes before I get wax in them too.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@Dirty Gibson, you should find a shop ( any shop) that can do them overnight. No point you doing a half job and having them redo.

Worst case, getbthe shop to do them and if they aren't ready, rent a newly prepared pair for the first morning, day, might be interesting.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
OK, I'll leave them to the shop. I'm driving so taking a snowboard too so no need to rent anything. Thanks for the replies.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy