Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Group Insurance -vs- Family with 18yr old

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Falling upon the great wisdom of SnowHeads..

While trying to book my annual winter sport holiday insurance with DogTag, their website kicks me out because my daughter is now 18.
Therefore not dependant (they haven't met her!)

So they recommend 2 policies: one for my family with sub 18 yr olds, and a separate policy for the 18 yr old.

Notwithstanding the aggregated costs and aggravation of the website, I wonder how others handle the same issue?

Does one take out a "Group" Policy, is there such a thing?

Any guidance greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Iain
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I find Dog Tag have rather lost the plot, try www.MPIBrokers.co.uk
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@Strax, I had rhe same issue a couple of years ago and did have to insure my then 18 year old on his own policy, and the rest of us on another. That wasn't too onerous cost-wise but that company then decided not to insure for winter sports the following year, so the search began again. I found a family policy for us all, with winter sports, with LV.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@Montana, Awesome! Now insured with LV, spoke to a lovely English chap, which was refreshing. No problem covering the 18yr old, in fact they have policy extensions for up to 24 yrs old (I think) who wish holiday separately from the Parents, which may come in handy. Never thought about it before now. We will upgrade in summer to cover the summer hols. Problem solved, Thanks again.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@Strax, you're welcome Very Happy glad to be of help
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I use LV for my motor insurance - always find them very good.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
A quick resurrection on this thread, as we learnt something new.
The Missus broke her ankle in Madonna di Campiglio.

Both me and the Missus have Private Health Insurance, and we expected that once we returned home we would be looked after by NHS or Private, or a mix as we chose.

As it transpires, if I had broken my ankle, my BUPA cover would have helped me. Unfortunately her cover with WPA wholly and completely excludes skiing injuries.

Given the cost of Health cover its a detail that's worth checking.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy