Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

3 valleys 20th-27th Feb

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi all,
I just wanted to know whether the French holidays coincided with the dates that I'm going skiing. I'm staying in val thorens, just wondered does anyone have any tips to avoid the ski schools and busy areas.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@Camerontocher, yes, your dates ARE still French holidays, but not the 'worst'' week; that is the one before. Can't really help with advice to avoid ski schools, but if you can choose to ski through the 'normal' lunch time things should be a bit quieter then. The 3 Valleys is a massive area though, so you should be able to find some that are less busy - have a great holiday; the conditions are looking very good
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
They do, It will be rammed. Make sure you are on the first lift every day, Boismint chair is often quieter, over in Orelle the Peyron and Bouchet are quite remote. Jerusalem above St Martin is also quite remote but the St Martin 2 chair can get busy. Lunch at 11.30 and then ski during the period when others are lunching. Get up to the Mont de La Chambre on a late lift. Have a couple of drinks at the resto at the top and then blast down Pluviometre in wonderful solitude (or Goitcshel/Chardons if your accommodation suits this way better)
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Great advice about especially about lunch timing. Also ski Orelle early in the week (we always go first day) as it's very quiet then, but can get very busy later in the week as people discover it!
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
St Martin 2 chair now upgraded to a speedy 6 man St Martin Express. It'll be interesting to hear how much impact that has on the queue in peak weeks that tends to start after lunch till about 4pm. Sadly I won't be there to find out! Jerusalem is always worth the trip though.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Also out there that week, having coincided with French school holidays previously I've found it's very manageable in VT due to the size of the area. However as other posters have said, all about avoiding the major crush points/highways.... i.e. steer well clear of Peclet and the lifts near the Ski Schools from 09:00-11:00.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@Camerontocher, good advice from snowHeads above. One other idea if you're OK on quite challenging reds and a black from top. Doron valley run, easy cruise beside river from bottom of Val T. Then La Masse gondola, stages 1 and 2, to Point de La Masse. Stunning views and good red run options+ 1 not too difficult black.

Well worth a couple of half days, tends not to be quite so busy, as it doesn't lead anywhere else. Wouldn't bother with chairlift on far right of mountain as you go up, unless you wanted to do the challenging black accessed by it. The blue alternative is reached by a long uphill pole or walk and not worth it. Overall though La Masse is great.

Also, if up for a challenge, Mont Vallon is easy enough to get to from Val T. Often mogulled and not too busy.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy