Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Staying in Munich

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Off to Munich. At the end of the month we have a car wewanttp ski sat and Sunday where should. We go don't. Mind upto 2 hours drive and different resorts what's the snow like at the moment thanks Puzzled
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Sorry for the spelling been rained off all day and had a beer or 2 Embarassed
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
You will be very close to Austria, of course. A place I remember is the Steinplatte:
http://www.skiresort.info/ski-resort/steinplattewinklmoosalm-waidringreit-im-winkl/

You are also close to Garmish. -

I recall that there are smaller places within Bavaria suited to day skiing. Perhaps someone can give you some more specific info on these.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Just remember is you are travelling to he Alps Saturday morning traffic will be crazy.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Kitzbuehel and Lech (Oberlech) are where the rich Munichers go.

Garmisch is easy to get to by train (avoid traffic jams) and also has a (small) glacier.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Quote:
has a (small) flat and boring glacier.

Fixed it.

I agree with using the train. Worgl is an hour from Ostbahnhof, then short taxi or bus up to Niederau - depends what kind of skiing you want though. Or get off the train earlier at Kufstein and bus it to Soll.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@charlie26, easiest thing to do is wait and see! I live in the Chiemgau at about 800m asl, 45 minutes by car along the A8 from Munich, some weekends we have snow this year and sometimes we don't.

The easiest place to reach is Bayerischzell using the BOB (Bayerische Oberlandbahn) trains from the Hauptbahnhof. From the train station there are links up to Sudelfeld (on the Snowboard World Cup circuit every season), Schliersee and Spitzingsee. You also have trains to Oberaudorf (train to Rosenheim then change to the local railway), slope within walking distance of the station, Bad Tolz, then bus on to Lengries (it was good enough for Hilde and Annemarie Gerg as well as Martina Ertl to play on and learn the basics!) If you have a car, wait and see what the snow Gods deliver but make sure you get out of Munich early because on good snow weekends all the world and its brother and sisters are heading out towards them thar lifts!
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
The train is great and worgl and kufstein are both a 10 min taxi ride from plenty of areas. skiwelt, Niederau Alpbach and plenty more i am sure
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy