Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Easter ski

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hello all , I'm looking for an easter ski week . Last year did samoens which was good , this year we re thinking of Porte du soleil so here's the question . We are a group of two snowboarders , one beginner and a non skiing grandma ! Which resort in this area would you suggest taking into account it will be late March for snow conditions and also somewhere which has nice surroundings , things to do for grandma ! I've been thinking about morzine but unsure ..
Any advice greatly welcomed
Thanks Mark
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@Markab1971, I took the family in Easter last year; we stayed in Morzine but skied in Avoriaz because it was green grass and mud at Morzine. Each season is different, of course, but I got the impression that late March would have been pushing our luck for Morzine.

I much prefer Val Thorens at Easter, but not a lot to attract beginners or Grandma, perhaps. I learnt to snowboard in VT.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Have a look at Les Deux Alpes, glacier resort so guarantee d skiing. The lower slopes can be a bit poor sometimes but their are plenty of lifts back down if you need them. We are off for the third time this Easter. We take our motorhome down so the roads are clear and the temperature on the campsite is lovely. We catch the gondola up to the resort and spend a fab day on the slopes.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
It depends a bit on what Grandma wants to do. Is she happy reading lots of books and having a bit of a potter around? Or does she want "entertainment" of some sort - spas, sophisticated shopping, dancing girls?

Somewhere where she could get in a reasonably comfortable gondola and have a SHORT walk to meet skiers in a restaurant with nice views?

Icy pavements can be hazardous - they scare me rigid, though I'm not afraid of falling on piste. Really good "crampons" and appropriate boots are important. And a pair of ski poles lends confidence.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I think the pottering about and reading books would be what she's happy doing pam
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Then maybe somewhere like Arc 1950, pretty surroundings, some shops, a spa, and very easy access to slopes, plus Les Arc skiing goes up high! I am told all the buildings are connected underground so walking on snow can be avoided if necessary. We looked at 1950 a couple of years back because we had my elderly Aunt to think about but because we needed a big apartment we ended up staying at Arc 2000. There is a free pedestrian link between the two.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy