Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Just returned from last minute deal in Austria

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Well - we ended up in St Wolfgang - others were not happy with the choice and were allocated another resort. We just went along with the TO decision and were not dissappointed.

We were allocated this hotel www.zimmerbrau.com and although St Wolfgang is not actually a ski resort the journey to the slopes (by free skibus) was excellent. It was a beautiful resort and very quiet with only two bars. The hotel was very clean and food was excellent. The owners (Hans and Alex) were a lovely couple and made everyone feel welcome. The rooms were higher than the three star we expected.

Two buses run each day to www.gosau.at which is 99% red runs and www.postalm.at which is 99% blue runs.

We did two days at Postalm to get our ski legs back and then three days at Gosau and the final day back at Postalm due to a balloon festival which we were told caused havoc in the valley. The busiest the lift queues got were when the bus pulled in and 50 people headed for the first lift - after that you were unlucky if anyone was in front of you. At Postalm you were unlucky if someone was on the same piste as you !!!!

The conditions were fantastic at both resorts - it basically snowed for nine days prior to when we arrived and we had a full week of sunshine - not a cloud in the sky. We hadnt seen so much snow. There was just the same amount in St Wolfgang and by the time we left the lake was fully frozen and the locals were skating on it.

Overall, excellent value for money. We paid £215 each and lift passes and skis came to about €180 each. For intermediates or beginners you could not chose a better resort. We thoroughly enjoyed it and are now looking at a summer break in the same resort.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Been there a couple of times in the summer place was excellent
Though I like places I can ski from the door in winter
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Paul Mason, pleased u had a good time Very Happy . We had a great time in Alp D'Huez last week and the kids loved it and laughed all week Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Now need to sort out how to get another week in and where to find the dosh.

Good to know we will be going to ADH again next year as a family, just hope I can get it as cheap as this year Toofy Grin
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Paul Mason which TO?
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Crystal

I did a general search on their page and asked for Austria - no specific hotel.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Gosau - on a busy day !
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Paul Mason, how did you attach the photo Puzzled i was going to try and add a sunset at ADH.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Curtains, I uploaded it to the snowmediazone and then just copied the link.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Paul Mason, been thru St Wolfgang in summer (stopped over the hill from St Gilgen) and am surpised that you say only a couple of bars were open the impression I got that it was a fairly busy place .. is that only in summer?
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
stevew, summer is classed as the busy season and in winter they all go and ski !
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy