Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

French ski area superimposed on your town

Poster: A snowHead
Apologies if this has been done before. I found it fun!

http://frenchskiareaovermytown.com/serre-chevalier
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Fantastically silly! Brilliant. I could just about ski to work every day.......
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Quite amusing Smile
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@laundryman, very silly, but also very wierd, doing this with Serre Chevalier and my home postcode, both our houses are a few hundred metres apart without even moving it. Shocked
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Hmm. A short pootle down my road on a blue run, then straight down a black run into the Manchester Ship Canal!
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Enjoyed that
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
With my postcode and the Paradiski, Villaroger is on the outskirts of Bromley and Champagny is almost Redhill. Great fun!
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
CathS wrote:
Hmm. A short pootle down my road on a blue run, then straight down a black run into the Manchester Ship Canal!

The source of the Manchester pusher is finally revealed NehNeh

On the 3 valleys if I centre the EoSB accommodation as my house I can ski to Todmorden Shocked or angle it differently and get to ski Rossendale wink
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
That's cool!
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I like it. Helps to get the size of resorts into my, mountain biking, perspective. Serre Che is essentially from Ogden to Brighouse Very Happy
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
This fitted perfectly onto a map of my home town - the lifts and runs corresponded beautifully with the scarp slopes of the South Downs so now all we need is a bit of global cooling and I could be living in a ski resort!
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Brilliant. Instead of telling my wife I skied from La Tania to VT I can say I went from Oxford to Didcot Very Happy
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
PdS and my home town and here did jack all, except show more pistes and lifts than google maps does

I'll blame windows and firefox for being so pants, and claim that now someone knows to within 15 houses where a probably wealthy person called Hugo lives Wink
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
PDS on 3 Vallees hurts my head, and vica versa.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
That's great! I could ski from my house to Stansted if only the 3 valleys would move to Essex...

Brings home the scale of some of the large ski areas.
snow report
Espace Killy over St Ives Cornwall interesting. really does put it in perspective. Very Happy
ski holidays
Wonderful, I have a chair 5 minutes from the house. Sunny here right now so I'd better get moving and cruise a few blues and reds. snowHead
snow report
PDS over Bournemouth and Morzine / Les Gets are in the English Channel!

snowHead
latest report
ah it works on Linux/Chrome. w7/firefox is a load of poopoo.

PdS and 3V comparison just showed me how compact 3V is. Overlaying them here... 3V maps basically to the urban bits, but PdS goes way out in to the forests where I go MTBing.
Now where's a Dolomiti Superski version?
latest report
Brackley is pretty much bang on where Vallandry is - how weird is that
snow report
Crikey it puts this Tignard smack in the middle of Val D - I'd better go home and do 6 years in a public school!
snow report
I could ski from my flat to work @ canary wharf! I can also ski to hampsted heath. Hoe exciting.
ski holidays
Wow. Shows how huge some of these places are.
latest report
It's all very well, but if I put Blairgowrie in the search box, it uses the one in Johannesburg, and then if I try Perth (nearest 'big' town), it sends me to Western Oz. I tried Perthshire, but apparently that's in Mississippi, Rattray is in Cape Town . . . Oh to live somewhere the search engine recognises as being in Scotland!

Ahh. Alyth works (the only other one I know of is in Calgary and Presumably isn't significant enough to misdirect the map). i might have a play to see if Glenshee really does compare to the 3V.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy