Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Distance from Courchevel to Pointe de Bouchet

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Last week I skied from Courchevel 1850 to Pointe de Bouchet, in the 4th Valley and back (by different route). I forgot to take my GPS watch and wondered how far I travelled. Fot those who know the 4 Valleys well, my route was as follows. 9:00AM Verdon lift from Courchevel 1850, Vizelle lift to Saulire summit.
Red Run (Niverolle?) down to Mottaret
Pluviometre down into Valk Thorens.
Moutiere then Fond up to Rosael.
Down the red to Orelle.
Peyron/Bouchet up to Pointe de Bouchet - one of the most spectacular views and amazing runs in the whole 3-Valleys!
Down the red back to Orelle and up to the top.
Back down into Val Thorens
(Down there I did a few of my old favourite runs, Christine, Dalles and Deux Lacs - with free slalom!)
Back up Plain Sud and up to Col de la Chambre, and the long run back down to Mont Vallon.
As I was in good time, up Mont Vallon and down the easier run.
Up Plan de Mains, and back down to Mottaret.
Then Pas Du Lac up to Saulire.
Creux down to Aguilles de Fruit, and finally down to Pralong.
(I actually went down Cos Pilot and down to 1550 (beautiful run) up Tovets, down to and up Plantrey then back down to 1850 by Dou du Midi, where our Chalet was.
I would love to know how far I skied. The weather and pistes were fantastic, and it was an amazing day - thoroughly to be recommended!
It is very difficult to find a way of measuring the distance. Many thanks to anyone who can help.
Dave Skye
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy