Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Sigh...Japan 2017.

Poster: A snowHead
Looks like its going to be Japan for winter 2017. I'm not really sighing... I'm flippin over the moon!

So please those in the know what is the chances of doing a 10 day trip with flights, carriage, transfers, B&B, and pass for £1500? Either DIY or TO is acceptible but don't wanna sleep in the train-station or a damp maintenance room (twin rooms at minimum). I thought I'd call a couple of TO for this year to get a last minute price and I've been quoted £2k without passes. When I made an enquiry for last season they quoted £2200 with early bird discount - again without passes. I'm sure there's a cheaper way to do it so maybe DIY is the way. Flights are roughly £600 if booked well in advanced so just need a reliable transfer company and lodgings. We're thinking mid to late Feb. Any help appreciated as always.

Oh and we're snowboarders if that makes a difference/ helps.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Could you not have a look at accommodation and lift pass costs (now) for Feb/March 2016 to give you a fairly accurate figure?
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Japan i a quite large country - any idea where your are going there?? Puzzled
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@Gainz, MikePow is the man to ask.

I've seen flights for around £550 or so (From Dublin to Saporro if you're heating for Niseko), transfer is pretty cheap, Snowjapan.com has a lot of info on accommodation (some cheap, some not). I'm aiming for a trip there next winter.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I have this rough calc for 2016 (never did the trip though!) based on prices June 2015..

Self catering, 4 sharing....

Japan

Accom £540
Flights £611
Transfers £40
Lift Pass £241

Total £1,432
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Gainz wrote:
Looks like its going to be Japan for winter 2017. I'm not really sighing... I'm flippin over the moon!

So please those in the know what is the chances of doing a 10 day trip with flights, carriage, transfers, B&B, and pass for £1500? Either DIY or TO is acceptible but don't wanna sleep in the train-station or a damp maintenance room (twin rooms at minimum). I thought I'd call a couple of TO for this year to get a last minute price and I've been quoted £2k without passes. When I made an enquiry for last season they quoted £2200 with early bird discount - again without passes. I'm sure there's a cheaper way to do it so maybe DIY is the way. Flights are roughly £600 if booked well in advanced so just need a reliable transfer company and lodgings. We're thinking mid to late Feb. Any help appreciated as always.

Oh and we're snowboarders if that makes a difference/ helps.

For the Niseko Resort Area on Hokkaido, start here:

How to ski Japan for less than £1000
http://www.fall-line.co.uk/ski-japan-on-a-budget/
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Ok have the green light from our missus's so slowly we'll ease them into the idea of a 2 week stay. That can wait till after summer though!

So the thought is Niseko for 10 days after 2 nights in Tokyo. Where is a good area to stay in Tokyo?

@mikeycharlton, I have its in the op included with flights.

@kitenski, @Mike Pow, thanks guys that looks promising. Could you recommend a place to stay? Something like a hostel but nicer with decent beds and a social scene. I heard Dragons Lodge went to japan in 2015 but don't think it continued after. Had a great week there in tignes and plenty of people to ride with.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@Gainz, not stayed here but comes very well recommended by those that have - read the trip reports....

http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_Review-g321549-d1138703-Reviews-Black_Diamond_Lodge-Niseko_cho_Abuta_gun_Hokkaido.html

I used this company who I've used before and they quoted transfers and s/c accom:- http://www.japanskiexperience.com/
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Do a search for Hokkaido. Loads of great info on here.

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=2708809&highlight=hokkaido+accommodation#2708809

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=2362324&highlight=hokkaido+accommodation#2362324

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=2287083&highlight=hokkaido+accommodation#2287083

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=2231120&highlight=hokkaido+accommodation#2231120

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=2187289&highlight=hokkaido+accommodation#2187289
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
@Gainz, is it?

You've mentioned the cost of flights, but nothing about DIY accommodation costs or any reference to the price of a lift pass.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@Gainz, I second BD Lodge as a great place to stay, having been there recently. They are popular and book up quickly.

A friend managed to get flights to Sapporo on BA/JAL for £340 return, although that was from the alps.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Im just looking at round the world deals. Quite good if you book early. London -Vancouver- Tokyo - London. Could be rather an epic trip....
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So far, initial research gives - for 2016

10/3 London Vancouver - 275
22/3 Vancouver Tokyo £375
29/3 Tokyo – London (one stop) £253

Total for flights - £903
Then add lift passes for Whistler 5 days, Mount Baker 5 days, Japan resort 6 days. £800?
find some accomodation and car hire?

Probably looking at £3000 for the ultimate poweder trip. Chuck in a couple of days heli skiing in BC and add another £1000?
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@cameronphillips2000 what do you do for living guys? i mean to spit 3000 quids in 10 days is zuckerberg level almost lol. where i am from trip to val thorens with 3 vallees ski pass included is 300 pounds in total w/o food which we bring with us. and you talking 3000 pounds like its 30 lol. so yeah, bottom line, are you all like bank managers, neuro surgeons or just born filthy rich?
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
£3k?! How about Japan for under a grand Very Happy ??

snow report
mountainaddict wrote:
£3k?! How about Japan for under a grand Very Happy ??

I think you may have missed something - Whistler, Baker Mountain and Japan for under £3000 - probably quite a bit under if your shared transfer cars and accomodation.
ski holidays
@cameronphillips2000 still bro that is way too much. only swiss, british, norwegian people can afford this. you lost me at anything over 400 pounds. smh
snow conditions
@cameronphillips2000, I like your way of thinking but alas, the missuss's would drive us nuts.

A quick search on expedia tells me for this march, flights plus 2 4* nights in tokyo can be done for £700 either with BA or JAL. I've flown JAL before and they were as good as any but BA is slightly cheaper and better times. Looked at bullit train rtn to Sapporo 7hrs with 1 change from 2016. £165 with JRP. Maybe fly back for ease but like the idea of the train for one way. I've looked at BDL thanks for that. Definitely on the list but I'll keep searching. I think £2000 is more realistic with passes and 10 nights.
ski holidays
Quote:
I think you may have missed something - Whistler, Baker Mountain and Japan for under £3000 - probably quite a bit under if your shared transfer cars and accomodation.
Didn't miss anything - position understood. Just that:
- OP says going to Japan.
- Thought that getting there for under a grand was well worth sharing rolling eyes
latest report
Japan for less than a grand is best done by getting to Milan first - flights are two hundred pounds cheaper return. They fly you to Heathrow, put you on the same plane as you'd pay more for in the UK and then fly you back to Milan. Ask Admin- he's off to do it soon...
latest report
@cameronphillips2000 its even less from budapest but still 600 euros+ trip to budapest. so accomodation, ski pass and food all together should be like 400 euros? and can anyone answer what do you do for living, i am eager to know so i can start making 10 000 pounds a month.
snow report
I flew FinnAir & JAL from London Heathrow - Helsinki - Nagoya - Sapporo return for £460 between 02 Dec 15 - 18 Jan 16.

Last edited by Then you can post your own questions or snow reports... on Tue 2-02-16 16:58; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
Gainz, for Tokyo I stayed in Shinjuku, great place, entertainment district with lots of small bars and restaurants for cheaper eating, but hotels are little pricey, need to book well in advance.

Niseko is great too, but also pricey compared to other resorts.
ski holidays
@Gainz, look at flights to Sapporo with jal and ba, won't be much more than flights to Tokyo....
snow conditions
Quote:

look at flights to Sapporo with jal and ba, won't be much more than flights to Tokyo....

yep, seconded, I worked out it was about 5 quid more.
snow report
kitenski wrote:
@Gainz, look at flights to Sapporo with jal and ba, won't be much more than flights to Tokyo....

Definitely a cheaper/better option than taking the train up from Tokyo.

IMO, JAL are better than BA all round. They even have wifi in the flight for something like £7 if you want to stay connected.
latest report
Mike Pow wrote:
I flew FinnAir & JAL from London Heathrow - Helsinki - Nagoya - Sapporo return for £460 between 02 Dec 15 - 18 Jan 16.

£365 with Air China via Beijing this Jan - 18 hour wait in Beijing was better on paper. Actually would have been better on paper as internet censorship ruined our best laid plans for the 18 hours as our google map was useless. At least we had some chicken gizzard and a few beers Shock
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy