Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Les Arcs snow conditions - advice needed

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi, I'm off to Les Arcs 2000 tomorrow. I keep reading that the pistes are 'hard packed and fast'. It appears there is no snow predicted until 20th (?) and although the low temperatures mean the snow they have will stay, they would like more to soften the pistes, so does this mean it will be icy? I'm intermediate, but am taking a relative novice and having never been here, just want to be forearmed!

Thank you!
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Beverley, drop PG a PM ( Confused ) and i'm sure he'll respond very quickly with a tip top report!

Or alternatively have a look at his site and mail him from there......... www.mysnowsports.com i think, he usually posts lots of nice pictures up there so you can see some real photos of current conditions not some distant or well placed webcam shots from the tourist info people Wink also try www.snoweye.com for the web cams in the area.

Have a good trip! snowHead
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Beverley, as Dan says, PG is your man for current conditions but there's pretty strong agreement for light snow on Monday and getting heavier into Tues & Wed so after perhaps a pretty hard start, conditions should improve for the second half of your week. Have a great trip.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I'm actually not long back from the slopes; went up to 2000 as well. On piste, hard packed and fast sums it up well. Ice? Not particularly, at altitude it hasn't been warm enough to melt/refreeze, although some of the steeper slopes have patches that might as well be ice for all the difference it makes. Razor sharp edges advisable at the moment. No stones, at least not on the blues, easier reds. It's been very quiet so the last dump has worn very well, considering how long it's been.

A lot of the domain is open. The mogully blacks are still fun, and it's pretty easy to avoid the rocks.

The Apocalypse Park etc is suffering though. Poor excuse for a snowpark as things stand. Noticed no snow cannons working at all, anywhere in the domain, the water shortage is really making itself felt.

Will post a full report, plus photos, later.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
as if by magic, thanks PG!

Quote:

water shortage is really making itself felt

funny you mention that, just read our local weekly free rag. It mentions that there is still a hose pipe ban here in Sussex. I didn't know but even after all the rain we have had recently the reservoirs are still not very full. I guess with the very cold temps and the lack of snow recently in the Alps the reservoirs must be low as well Puzzled
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Thanks for the response guys! Now have to rush and finish packing and get early night in anticipation of getting up at 4.00am for breaking the speed barrier and making the 5.45am check-in tomorrow at Gatwick. Zzzzzzzzzzzz...............!!!!!!

I suppose at the end of the day, I'm not Harry Potter - I can't wave a magic wand and the snow isn't going to change, and what is there will have to be dealt with, but being a mega-organised person I like to gather all this ifo! rolling eyes
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy