Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Buying Tignes Altibus transfers at Geneva Airport?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Am going to Tignes tomorrow and was of the impression that there was an Altibus coach transfer desk at Geneva airport where I could buy a ticket there and then, because I remember doing this on arrival at Geneva airport some years ago.
However a couple of things just now, gave me the impression that it might now be a pre booked online in advance service only. Ie there might not be a physical sales desk there at the airport anymore. I tried their info line but it was closed.

So can anybody confirm if you can still buy a ticket at Geneva airport itself for the altibus transfers to Tignes - for immediate use there and then, as opposed to having it pre booked via their website first (can't do this because I haven't got a printer).

Thanks for any info.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
By the way, I realise this doesn't technically quite fit under the heading of "Resort Reviews and Trip Reports" but there again it doesn't fit under any of the other categories either, so seemed as good a place as as any..... Happy
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
There is still a desk there - I was delayed and they changed my ticket to the next bus FOC just before New Year, so I strongly suspect that you will still be able to buy a ticket. The desk is the left hand booth of a series just outside the arrivals gate - they are a gaudy yellow.

PS Welcome to SnowHeads.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
i would call and check. Due to all the Swiss reg changes you can't buy at the airport for the transfer companies operating to Morzine but thy may have a different license type as they use minibuses.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Found this (eventually) - confirmation that it is a sales desk with a handy picture so you know what you are looking for:

http://www.altibus.com/airport/geneva-airport-ra2_en.aspx

Sleep soundly Very Happy Very Happy
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Thanks for the responses folks. - I guess I was just getting a bit paranoid, but good to have seen that picture and know what to look out for too. Happy

Sleeping? - Who said anything about sleeping? Haven't packed yet... Happy
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
There's a desk to buy tickets but unless you've booked in advance you won't necessarily get a seat on the next desk if it's full. I'd try and book online if that's possible at this stage. Might save a wait.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Thanks, but do you know if booking tonight, involves having to actually print anything out? I don't have a printer here and would hate to pay the money and find it wasn't valid without printing something out first to produce at the other end. Seems to be becoming more and more common these days. Easyjet for example, forcing you to check in online first and print your own boarding pass, in advance before even arriving at the airport for example. - Of course they don't tell you that 'til you've already committed payment and actually shelled out. Then you're reduced to phoning around desperately in a blind panic, trying to find someone with a printer who can help you (bail you out at the last minute) that same evening. Just not going to happen at 1 am in the morning with an early start up to Gatwick the next day... Happy

But thanks for the response and suggestion anyway, of course. Happy
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Use the easy jet app? If you have an iPhone the ticket can be held in your iPhone wallet.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I have just found myAltibus 'guide to your booking' in my recycle bin, if you have forgotten your ticket they will charge you €5 to reprint it at the airport.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I agree that a desperate last minute panic is a horrible start to a holiday and being elderly wouldn't rely on tickets and documentation on a phone or in the cloud, either.

And the moral of this story is.......? wink
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy