Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

flex adjustment - atomic hawx 2.0 - 110

Poster: A snowHead
I recently bought the Hawx 2.0 110 during a week in Austria and I'm very happy with them.
Atomic write in their website: "With Power Shift you can adjust your forward lean and crank your flex index to 120 to fully suit you."
I emailed Atomic but didn't get an answer yet.
The plate that changes the forward lean has 2 holes and one screw - but there is a hole and socket to tighten the screw only under the lower one.
An advice will be much appreciated.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Take it off and turn it round.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@michaelr, I have those. You drill out the second hole and insert another bolt, which was supplied, worked a treat.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Deleted

Last edited by You need to Login to know who's really who. on Fri 29-01-16 21:57; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.

dn't ski them with one bolt so can't comment on the difference it makes. I am very happy with the "120" set up.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
the boot is supplied with a single bolt in and a (undrilled) hole for the second bolt, you need to either take it to your local friendly boot fitter OR remove the lower bolt which will allow the powershift spine to be removed, and drill through the shell where marked, the second bolt can then be inserted. the reason it is not drilled is people would complain that water got intom the boot there,a nd adding a plug adds cost

PS the reason you probably haven't had a response as yet from the boot guys at Atomic is from Sunday they were all at ISPO (massive European trade show) and now SIA is on (american equivalent)
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Thanks for the replies.
The store (Intersport Schneider in Altenmarkt) didn't give extra bolts. I guess that's because I came late in the afternoon to look for boots and they were in a hurry to sell me the boots, get me fitted and call it a day.
Now I have 2 options - to go to the store again (I'm returning to the region in March); or have a friend of mine who manufactures custom wheelchairs and has all the tools (and craftsmanship) needed
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@michaelr, if you are not insistent on black bolts (these only started coming with the boots this year so i don't have a stock of them yet) i can send you a couple of the silver ones and the claw nuts for inside the boot, best thing is to give me a call at the shop at some point and we can chuck a couple in the post, or you can pick them up if you are in the area
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@CEM, I've sent you a private message.
Your observation to the reason Atomic didn't reply is correct - but that doesn't answer why the store hadn't answered me.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@michaelr, Similarly the store will be super, super busy at the moment... most of Europe is on holiday for the next month so there isn't a lot of downtime for emails... This is very much the Austrian way, faces first, emails at some point.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@michaelr @CEM

I have the Atomic Hawx 110 Prime S and probably threw away the extra bolt with the box but decided after a year that I wanted a stiffer feel. Once I removed the boot liner, I could see the top bolt hole was already there but not threaded to accept another bolt (it was just a plastic unthreaded hole). I inserted a 6mm pronged T-Nut from inside the boot and a 6mm bolt from the outside to go with it. Not sure of the exact lengths but I just brought the Powershift assembly to the hardware store to make sure I got matching protrusions. Couldn’t find a black bolt but doesn't look too bad and didn't have any issues with the T-Nut prongs piercing all the way through the plastic. Can’t say I notice a huge difference in the boot flex in the living room but we will see once it’s in action!
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@Gingerbrad_man, I wonder if @michaelr, has actually skied in the last 6 years since starting the thread?
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@under a new name, no, he’s still waiting for a reply to his emails!
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@under a new name

Lol hopefully it helps someone out there
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
under a new name wrote:
@Gingerbrad_man, I wonder if @michaelr, has actually skied in the last 6 years since starting the thread?

I wonder that about many on here
latest report
@Gingerbrad_man, welcome to SHs - missed that. Well … it might snowHead snowHead
ski holidays
Created an account just to post, in case it helps anyone else. I just did this for my 2018 (?) Atomic Hawx Prime 110s.

Spare bolts did NOT come with my boots. You need to buy them. The size is M6 x 15mm.

Tools & supplies needed:

- M6x15 bolts x2
- M6 T-nuts x 2
- 7mm drill bit & drill - ideally, a wood bit with a centre point and spurs (like https://s3-eu-west-1.amazonaws.com/images.linnlive.com/fe4d1dea8858a0470432f354cd6e0f49/c88d75f1-a928-446a-b22d-3e7f7f6402ee.jpg)
- T30 Torx bit
- Tongs to hold hot things, or maybe another M6 bolt at least 50mm long
- Blow torch (or a hot oven)
- Loctite blue

Don't mix-and-match stainless and BZP fittings (to prevent galvanic action). I used BZP.

1. Remove liners
2. Undo the existing bolt to get access to the plastic spot where the new bolt needs to go, remove the PowerShift tab thingie
3. You should see a cross-mark where the hole needs to go. If not, put the PowerShift tab thingie back and mark for the hole.
4. Drill for the hole at 7mm (an M6 T-nut is usually slightly over 7mm barrel diameter). If you only have a "normal" twist drill, then take great care not to let the bit wander. Frankly, spend the money for a proper drill bit. You paid how much for your boots?
5. Screw a spare M6 bolt into the T-nut part way from the wrong side (so the prongs point forward). I used a 50mm bolt and held it with gloves, but tongs may be a good idea.
5. With the blowtorch, heat the T-nut. The target temp is 150-200C (20 seconds in a blue flame is plenty). Alternatively, a few minutes in a very hot oven should be enough.
6. SAFETY: if using BZP, do NOT breathe in the fumes. You do not want to breathe hot zinc! Do this outdoors, eh.
7. From the inside of the boot, press the hot T-nut into the 7mm hole. The prongs should melt their way in just fine.
8. From the outside of the boot, screw the "real" bolt in, through the powershift tab thingie. Remove the holding bolt once the actual bolt has grabbed the T-nut. Tighten it to a decent hand tight. The T-nut should bed nicely into the boot plastic.
9. Leave a few minutes to cool. Then, refit both bolts with a dab of loctite.
10. Have a beer, hit the slope, whatever.

I cut my bolts down with an angle grinder. To do this, use a T-nut through a bit of scrap lumber 12mm thick. Screw the bolt through from the wrong side of the T-nut, so the thread sticks out. Lon't be a lady's front bottom and try to hold a bolt in your fingers, angle grinders can give you horrible scars. Try to dress the cut end a bit before you unscrew the bolt, because that cut end can be hard to get into a nut if you make a bodge of the job. You might want to fettle the cut end with a file.
latest report
Just as a quick piece of info: I have a pair of atomic hawx ultra xtds, and atomic did NOT put loctite on the screws, as I discovered half way down an off piste slope when the walk mode failed.
ski holidays
@joffy69 LOL! - mine had loctite from the factory, FWIW.
snow conditions
I do like your use of "fettle" and "bodge". Great words!
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy