Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Are Sweden - where to start?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Only 16 days to go and thinking about the first day of twin-plank action (subject to my being able to squeeze my knackered and swollen ankle into a ski boot). I usually like to spend the first day pootling (let's face it, I pootle most of the time) on some easier blue runs. Our apartment is located between the VM8 lift and the gondola and VM6 lifts and it doesn't look particularly easy to get to any easy blue runs from any of those lifts.

Would it be sensible to drive over to Bjornen where most of the easier slopes appear to be?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
If I recall correctly, the area around Sadeln / Totthummeln is fairly gentle, particularly the 105-106-107-108 blues. So you could take the VM6, slowly make you way down to the Fjallgards Expressen, then do some laps of the Sadelexpressen. I recall the snow being alright here too as it's just behind a ridge with some bushy trees meaning it caught a lot of stuff blown off the tops. Also sheltered from the wind, which you will soon find to be very important. Wink

Coming back, the reds around that area are not particularly steep, particularly the lower part of that 74 - and it's also massively wide. See my embarrassing video here - this is near the base of VM6, looking back up piste 74.

http://youtube.com/v/G3KEb9Al6Ew

You could also take VM8 and then the long blue traverse over to the Rodkullen area, but mostly T-bars over that way.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@driz, ta. I've been to Hemsedal and have experienced Scandinavian wind....got shot peened to death last year with ice marbles...
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Second take the VM8 and then go down Årevagen to Rödkullen area. A few blues around there, plus resturant, warm stuga etc
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@dobby, I remember the blue Årevägen from the top of Åreskutan all the way down is a pleasant cruise, there are also some lovely blues and not so difficult reds along in Tegefjäll, which is also mostly through forests so it's nice on a windy day.

We have just booked to stay in the same area of Åre as you today coincidently, though we don't go until march. We will be staying in one of the Lienbäcken apartartments.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Thanks all. All suggestions look good.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy